GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,578 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Nuklear Winter '68» Forums » Rules

Subject: out of contact OOC and concealed question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fausto Paganetti
Italy
Bari
BA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, Some questions for you!

1 Can an Out of Contact OOC Unit rally? In my opinion No.
2 Is a unit that attempt to rally marked as finished? And the CO?
if a Black Hand unit rallies it doesn't make dice check because it rallyes automatically , it is marked as finished then. Is it correct?

3 With a Unit A, concealed in a wood hex i shoot to a unit B (not a recon unit and not in a an adjacent hex to A) B survives to the attack, the unit A is marked as finished and it looses the concealed status because it shooted to unit B.
In the next turn (after the clean-up phase) is the unit A to be considered concealed again?

thank you.
Fausto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
bestiaestinta wrote:
1 Can an Out of Contact OOC Unit rally? In my opinion No.

2.3.1 Rallying

A shaken unit is rallied by its CO once proper communication between the two is established.

Since an OOC unit is by definition out of contact, I don't think there is a way to establish proper commo until they get within range.

However, the extended radio range represents the limit of effective communication, not the limit of communication, I assume the chance exists for a CO to rally his OOC units with a lucky break in ungarbled communication beyond this range.

No other language in the rulebook specifically precludes a CO from rallying OOC units.

3.2 Formation Impulse

The active CO/CO2 may try to rally its Shaken units. Units without a CO such as the Black Hand, helicopters and planes, are automatically rallied.

OOC units will only be able to move up to half speed during this activation, but suffer no other penalties.

I see nothing wrong with making it harder to rally and think it's more thematic that an OOC and Shaken unit couldn't rally, but I don't think it's against the rules.

bestiaestinta wrote:
2 Is a unit that attempt to rally marked as finished? And the CO?

No. See this thread for clarification: Questions about "finished" status

bestiaestinta wrote:
if a Black Hand unit rallies it doesn't make dice check because it rallyes automatically , it is marked as finished then. Is it correct?

Rallying does not "finish" a unit. See thread link above.

bestiaestinta wrote:
3 With a Unit A, concealed in a wood hex i shoot to a unit B (not a recon unit and not in a an adjacent hex to A) B survives to the attack, the unit A is marked as finished and it looses the concealed status because it shooted to unit B.
In the next turn (after the clean-up phase) is the unit A to be considered concealed again?

A unit looses its concealment bonus when it is marked as "finished".

See 4.2 in the rules.

Anything that finishes a unit cancels the concealment bonus until that unit becomes unfinished at the start of its next formation activation or end of the turn.

bestiaestinta wrote:
thank you.
Fausto

You're welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fausto Paganetti
Italy
Bari
BA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your exhaustive answers!!

Anyway, after a rulebook re-read I think (imho) that an Out of Command unit can't be rallyed.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it that shaken OOC units can rally, but with a -1 DRM for not having the "moral support" from their CO. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fausto Paganetti
Italy
Bari
BA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.