Subject: New Year's Day and night rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Pabian
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
I've been playing a lot of two player games, including getting my wife to play the night before, so it was nice when we had four adults to play. I was playing with my two brother-in-laws and one of my sister-in-laws.

My brother-in-laws have played before, infact these are they guys I learned how to play with. My sister-in-law is very new to any type of these games but she picked it up suprisingly quick. One of my brother-in-laws picked every single river tile, so we started to call him "Herr Fluß."

The board was very spread out with not many completed castles. Most points up to this point where from roads or cloisters. My sister-in-law bailed just before we were to do the final scoring. We were all saying, "Come back! We're just about finished!" but she had completely lost interest in the game. It was a little frustrating, but I was glad she tried it.

The three of us played another game and there was no love lost. We played pretty agressively and I would say that the game was played overall more defensively.

The next day, one of my bro-in-laws went home the previous night, so the remaining brother-in-law and I played two more games.

The two-player games I think are the most fun since it seems to be slower paced, and you try to plan for overall victory. But it's fun when you have more people too, due to the social interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff!

You wrote:
One of my brother-in-laws picked every single river tile

From this line I deduce that you are playing one rule wrong: the river tiles are put down first, before any other tiles hit the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pabian
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
We weren't playing the River variant. We just had the river tiles mixed in with the rest of the tiles. He got the luck of the draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.