Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the usage of the special tiles.

Forgive me if I misquote something, because I don't have the game in front of me right now

The cards say something like "place this tile in the hunt pool"

but then the rules say something like "if one of these cards is played, place the special hunt tile aside and do not put it in the pool until mordor is reached"

However, one of the posts on the boards implies that the tile is placed in the hunt pool and if if it has been used or removed it is then placed back in the hunt pool when the new hunt pool is made for entering mordor

So, my question is, which of these three is right, or if none of them are, what is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Im pretty sure the second is correct (you put them in the pool when you get to mordor).
The rules for this (fairly simple) game were written in the least comprehensible way possible just to make things difficult. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If cards which introduce special tiles are played before the fellowship enters Mordor, the special tiles are placed next to the hunt pool and go in when the hunt pool is reconstituted upon entry into Mordor. If the fellowship is already in Mordor, special tiles go directly into the hunt pool when the card is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the "special hunt tiles" are placed in a holding area to be added to the final hunt pool when the fellowship enters Mordor. I think the rules are fairly clear on this but the organization and length of them can make looking up specific questions difficult. The FAQ file here and on the FFG website have a lot of answers to common questions like this; helpful aides memoire can be had via the player aide files available here that I strongly recommend you download and keep together with the rules folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.