Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules credit *seven* people with "Card color design" for this game, which is *five* more than are credited for any other aspect (except that "Development/Design/Packaging" is credited to a company and seven people are listed in the "Thanks to" credit).

What am I missing that takes seven people to choose colors?

And why, then, are two of the colors - orange and red - somewhat similar-looking in low light situations?

And why does orange represent Wood and yellow represent Clay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't noticed that there were so many people involved in that aspect of the design. Kind of reinforces the message about the dangers of "design by committee", because I don't believe that any sentient entity would have come up with Uchronia's colour scheme, terminology and iconography and thought that it was all a good idea. Me, I'd have stuck with a more universal colour scheme - one which included green - and I would not have had all three of yellow-orange-red (let alone made orange so visually close to red). Pus making each resource a standard shape at the bottom of the cards - wood should be a log pile, clay a tile, brick a brick etc, rather than all looking the same. And the buildings should all have had the required resources to build them pictured along the bottom of the card (with the exception of the fountain). And most of all, given all the travails with various editions of Glory to Rome, I'd have done my darnedest to get it all absolutely right first time round, rather than making so many unforced errors.

I do really like the game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're only talking about the colorizing of the 40 artworks for buildings, here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the official reply, Matthieu!

Just checking to see if I understand this correctly: I assume this is like a colorist in comics. That is, the artwork was done in black-and-white (either pencil or ink) and then the colorist is adding the color. So those seven individuals were the team that colored the drawings of the forty buildings.

If so, I'm certainly impressed that one person - Benjamin Raynal - did all the original art/drawing. That also gave a good uniformity to the style.

The art is quite nice, by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Lapointe
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberkev63 wrote:

And why, then, are two of the colors - orange and red - somewhat similar-looking in low light situations?

I had to mark all my cards because of that since one of the guys in my gaming group is color blind.
It was either that or never play the game when he's there and he's alwats there.
That was unfortunate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.