Subject: Arrrggghh!! Where is everything?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Kulp
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
I hate to be a complainer... especially about free websites that someone provides for the greater good... well, actually it's kinda fun... fulfills some strange primal instinct... but I digress. And I gotta vent. And then I'll get used to it and everything will be fine...

*ahem*

ARRRGGGHHH!!! Why, why, why oh why do they have to fix things that work just fine?! Now I have to relearn where everything is on BGG! For no reason! Hey, how about this? Let's change around the letters on keyboards every few years, so people have to relearn where the keys are! For no reason! Or we could change what the colors mean on traffic lights! For no reason! Each time we do this it's a new version! And it's "better!" "Hey look at me! I'm Bill Gates! We'll re-shuffle where everything is located in Windows, and then give it a nifty new name! For no reason!" Ug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all GONE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with you about MS products. MS Word was "done" several versions ago - stop messing with it, Bill.

However, unlike MS products I think this site is not yet "mature", and I'm glad Aldie is trying to improve it. I like the increased customization possible now, and I'm confident he will keep making it better. It's not really that different yet anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hammiesink wrote:
I hate to be a complainer...

All evidence to the contrary... you've already started 2 complaint threads.

Relax, man. Aldie's fixing this up while keeping the site alive for us. Not everything works yet.

And you can read Aldie's reasons for doing it here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/92886

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kulp
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
No see, I said I hate it, then I said I kinda like it. Ergo, two complaining threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.