• [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
itmeBRYAN wrote:
Just order super dungeon explore what kind of glue do I get

Superglue (cyanoacrylate) is recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get hold of it use Gorilla Super Glue as it's fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had good success with another recommendation around here, Loctite brand "ultra" "gel" super glue. It's nice to have the viscous gel rather than a thin, runny glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I had good success with another recommendation around here, Loctite brand "ultra" "gel" super glue. It's nice to have the viscous gel rather than a thin, runny glue.

This is a great recommendation! This is my preferred glue for the metal (or at least when GW were still making metal) miniatures for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer. This gel also can act as a sealant for very narrow gaps between pieces (larger gaps will need "green stuff" or something similar though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alexander
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding to the Loctite recommendation. Easy to use and apply. Whichever kind of glue you get make sure you have a bowl of warm water mixed with vinegar and dish soap nearby. I stuck my fingers a few times together or sometimes to the model when assembling these. Be careful! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan K
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I used the blue Loctite Super Glue Gel Control, which was slightly cheaper than the "Ultra" which worked great. Though i'm not really sure what the differences between the two are.

Whatever you do, don't use a non-Gel super glue, that's just asking for trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mekkaspark wrote:
...Whatever you do, don't use a non-Gel super glue, that's just asking for trouble.

Agreed! Using superglue that is too thin - can create this problem:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhael Weitzel
United States
Huntsvile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found that super glue did not bond well with the hard plastic the (at least 1st edition) miniatures were cast with. We ended up going to Hobbytown and getting glue specially for hard plastic models and it has worked out beatuifully

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the loctite gel on all my SDE minis and they are holding up just fine. I use loctite on all of my minis and its always performed wonderfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing in my vote for Loctite too.

Did wanna add that tho the gels are awesome like everyone mentioned, if you're on a budget the cheaper ones work too (but just need a little more care/work). I ran out near the end and was using some leftover non gel tube I had around. Was a lot of "had to hold the pieces together while watching tv while it dried" but it still worked fine.

Just wanted to chime in that you don't need super expensive adhesive or anything fancy to get them assembled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roboraygun wrote:
Throwing in my vote for Loctite too.

Did wanna add that tho the gels are awesome like everyone mentioned, if you're on a budget the cheaper ones work too (but just need a little more care/work). I ran out near the end and was using some leftover non gel tube I had around. Was a lot of "had to hold the pieces together while watching tv while it dried" but it still worked fine.

Just wanted to chime in that you don't need super expensive adhesive or anything fancy to get them assembled.

Very true! The gel just makes things a bit easier is all. Another thing I have noticed about Loctite is it doesn't dry up in a few days like an opened container of the original superglue brand. It always seems like I only get one use out of those others and my Loctite can sit on a shelf for weeks and still use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to put another shout out for Gorilla as Loctite is bullying it! It is a little bit more expensive and it's a liquid not a gel (but it is pretty thick) but it is exceptional. It dries in no time at all (like 10-15 seconds usually) and the bond is crazy. I snapped the arms back off my Iron Scales for ease of painting and it left the plug in the hole because the bond was so strong, I had to actually snap the arm itself! And I've painted them and glued them back on and the bond is still very strong. I actually came across it as I was searching for good glue for putting SDE together as I'd not worked with this type of plastic before and I'll never go back to anything else!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BRYAN ROSENBERGER
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank to all for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Malo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Loctite is good but GORILLA better.
But props for Loctite as glue container a bit better than the Gorilla to apply to models

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.