Shadows over Camelot» Forums » General

Subject: Shadows over Camelot PC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitly a game I would buy if it was released on PC. It's not always easy to find 3 or more players willing to play a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
There is another on-line version at www.zuntzu.com. I don't know much else about how it works since it only works with a PC (not my Mac).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While each person is entitled to their own opinions, I disagree. The presonal interaction with other players is what makes the game... especially reading their faces and listening to what and how they explain their actions. I think it would be lost on a computer. Even more so if all the other players are AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:
There is another on-line version at www.zuntzu.com. I don't know much else about how it works since it only works with a PC (not my Mac).
I'd be nice if you can control multiple characters from the same PC, as that's how I play SOC solo anyways.

Benjamin Maggi wrote:
While each person is entitled to their own opinions, I disagree. The presonal interaction with other players is what makes the game... especially reading their faces and listening to what and how they explain their actions. I think it would be lost on a computer. Even more so if all the other players are AI.
People playing online would be aware of this, and just regard it as a tradeoff, much like with any digital version of any game. While I prefer f2f games, SOC still has actual board mechanics and a card driven system. While not having the interaction and social factor does change the game, it's still a game I'd like to play with AI. If the whole point of the game were the social interaction and reads, I'd go play Werewolf (which I don't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather be able to play the game with AI than not at all, given the choice. It seems these days more and more people can't find the time to play games as they are too busy working or carrying out other activites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Another site I just thought of that has SOC is Vassel at: http://www.vassalengine.org. As I remember this can be set up with each player having a pass word and the module keeps track of the cards/positions. If I'm going to play solo this was too much bother. So probably not much help there either?

There are also Play by Forum (PBF) games here at BGG. There is a SOC game in progress (6 players currently). While this is only the second SOC PBF (I hope there's a 3rd), games like Battlestar Galactica have several ongoing games at any given time and players waiting. You may want to check out one of these avenues if AI is not available.

Guess I'm lucky. We have a group of 4-6 that meet fairly regularly and Merlin's Company is the most frequently requested (as it is only 90-120 minutes long and we can socialize).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.