Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Captain America clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Miller
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
When you play the Cap card that gives you an attack or recruit bonus for every other color card in your hand, do Shield agents/trooper/officer cards count as a "color"?

Aslo, if you play a duplicate Cap card, does that count as a bonus for the first one played.....meaning is it an "other color"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, S.H.I.E.L.D. cards are considered "Grey" colored.

2) I don't have the card in front of me, but I think "other color" specifically refers to colors other than the one on the card in question, so no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowespade, do you by any chance have a source for 1)? My understanding was that "color" is synonymous with the Hero Class icons, which the basic Heroes don't have.

Regarding 2), the phrasing is
Avengers Assemble Cap wrote:
You get +1* for each color of Hero you have.

- this means you do get a point for the Cap-card itself, however if you play a second Instinct Hero (or Strength for Perfect Teamwork Cap) that does not increase the points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook, p. 15:

Quote:
S.H.I.E.L.D. Heroes are their
own color: Grey. Grey counts as its own
color for cards that count the number
of colors you have. (Some of Captain
America’s cards count the number of colors
you have, for example.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, opening my eyes might have helped... thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Verzal
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
Does 'in your hand' include cards you played earlier this turn? I have been playing that it does.
What about cards you might draw after you played Cap? I have been playing that these do not count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Miller
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jverzal wrote:
Does 'in your hand' include cards you played earlier this turn? I have been playing that it does.
What about cards you might draw after you played Cap? I have been playing that these do not count.

1) No, 'in your' hand only means the heroes you have in your hand and not yet played at this point in time. 'Heroes played', conversely (like on Arc Reactor Iron Man), means only the Heroes already played at that point, not those you play after. 'Your Heroes' or 'Heroes you have' (like on the Cap cards discussed above) means both those already played and those in your hand.

2) is correct - you check the "state" of the card when it is played, and at that point, the cards you draw later are neither in play nor in your hand. (this was at some point clarified for Surge of Power Thor, for whom you also only get the three attack if you reach 8 power with the play of this card, if you do not but get to 8 power later you do not get the attack)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
If any question should be stickied in the Legendary forum it should be this one because I think 90% of the players when they get that card for the first time ask themselves this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the dark grey color of some cards, including one variation of the Captain America color, count as the same "color" as the shield agents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, those are Tech Heroes (they have the little symbol up left), and are distinct from the symbol-less S.H.I.E.L.D.-Agents and Troopers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Voss
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobblySavage wrote:
jverzal wrote:

1) No, 'in your' hand only means the heroes you have in your hand and not yet played at this point in time. 'Heroes played', conversely (like on Arc Reactor Iron Man), means only the Heroes already played at that point, not those you play after. 'Your Heroes' or 'Heroes you have' (like on the Cap cards discussed above) means both those already played and those in your hand.

2) is correct - you check the "state" of the card when it is played, and at that point, the cards you draw later are neither in play nor in your hand. (this was at some point clarified for Surge of Power Thor, for whom you also only get the three attack if you reach 8 power with the play of this card, if you do not but get to 8 power later you do not get the attack)

I think we might have mixed these up too. blush

My kids just like to throw all the cards down and then figure it out. So I have to explain that the order matters. I end up losing track myself since you can play cards, attack, recruit in any order. I might have to try using counters for attack / recruit and add or remove as cards are played and actions performed. Might make it easier for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.