Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kalle Marjola
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now here we have a game that is really something that causes all kind of reactions from people: some love, some hate, and while some are otherwise indifferent, this is not the kind of game they want to play.

For me? I love this little game.

The rules are very simple - there is a deck of 8 different kind of bugs, 8 of each, for a total of 64 cards. Each turn, a face-down card is passed between the players, each player either making bluff attempts on it or calling the bluff. The game ends when someone ends up with 4 bugs of the same kind or runs out of hand cards.

The gaming components are well done. The cards are nice and alhought the backgrounds are not that great, the bugs itself are very funny and nicely drawn. Symbols are well done and usually cards do not mix (althought in bad lightning and in first games some bugs might get mixed up if looked briefly).

For me, the game is so elegant in its simplistic rules. It plays quickly and concentrates completely on the idea of the game - bluffing. No need for players to understand poker combinations (like in "bluff round poker" we used to play when we were kids) or do activities which are not related to main thing. Excellent for those late hours and for "non-gamers".

But as said, this is not a game for everyone. It is based completely on bluffing and there is almost no normal gaming skills involved, and thus players good at conventional board games can suck on this and vice verse. And playing more does not usually make you any better, except against new faces. Only knowing your gaming partners does.

I give this game 9/10, but I can easily imagine people giving it 2.

Casting personal gaming preferences aside, I say that the rules and gaming components are well done and the game quality is very good. I paid 10 euros or so for this and I'm very happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Girgis Mata
msg tools
Thanks for the review. I heard about this game and wasn't sure about getting this game or not. There aren't many solid review out there about this game. Based on your review I intend to get it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.