United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect except there is something missing on the module. It doesn't have the link in the top left to post. It should have that post link like the off topic and trade forums modules have and the subdomain one has on the left in the above picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you get this to work? Mine still shows general wargames, abstracts, and thematic games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
How did you get this to work? Mine still shows general wargames, abstracts, and thematic games.

You should click on the "Wargames" subdomain icon on the far right of the set of subdomain icons arranged across the top of the front page. Then bookmark BGG at that point. From that point forward, when you open BGG, it should open to a 'wargames' optimized view, such that the game forums (not the general site forum), session reports, and reviews only show wargame content. Give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
airjudden wrote:

You should click on the "Wargames" subdomain icon on the far right of the set of subdomain icons arranged across the top of the front page. Then bookmark BGG at that point. From that point forward, when you open BGG, it should open to a 'wargames' optimized view, such that the game forums (not the general site forum), session reports, and reviews only show wargame content. Give it a try.
tried that, but then it offers up four choices, games, forums, images, and videos, then what do you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob Ryan wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
airjudden wrote:

tried that, but then it offers up four choices, games, forums, images, and videos, then what do you do?

Which of those modules (games, forums, images, vids) do you want to see on your front page? Go to My Geek -> Account -> Layout -> Customize Front Page to change which modules show up where. The subdomain filter works on the subdomain forum, games forum, reviews, sessions, images, and (I guess) videos (I don't know about the vids, since I don't keep that module on my front page). The subdomain filter does NOT work on the general BGG forum, the BGG news, Geeklists, or Blogs modules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
airjudden wrote:

I did. It had a bunch of Twilight Struggle stuff show up.

Seriously, though, it didn't look at all like Kevin's picture. No AWOL and stuff like that. Everything was "Wargames General".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
airjudden wrote:

I did. It had a bunch of Twilight Struggle stuff show up.

Seriously, though, it didn't look at all like Kevin's picture. No AWOL and stuff like that. Everything was "Wargames General".

*Twight Struggle* he, he!

Believe me, you don't me to be your IT assistant! That being said, note that under the Subdomain Wargames forum module (in Kev's pic, the module on the bottom left), all you will see is "General", whereas under the "Wargamers" module (top right in Kev's pic, the new module that Roger/Leroy/Octaviansockpuppet added), you will see both "General" and "AWOL" threads! FWIW, my front page doesn't look like Kev's either, because I've picked different modules, and locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to add the Wargamers module to your front page. Click on the "Edit Front Page" link at the header of the "Announcement" section, and you can add the Wargamers module there, and also re-arrange the layout of your front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

Got it! It was the "adding a module" part that I wasn't getting. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.