Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Weyland - "Target" Consumers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Lord of Space
msg tools
From the desk of a chief Weyland marketing executive -

"Okay here's the new plan for fiscal Q2:
We start by bombarding the net with Pop-up Windows in order to collect a ton of data on what looks most appealing to the largest fractions of the consumer base.
With that information we analyze it thoroughly with our Matrix Analyzers and determine which products will be the best to invest in.
Once we're satisfied with the progress of our products we Commercialize the hell out of it and SELL SELL SELL!"

Identity:
Dan Weyland Sheetrock International (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (11)
Hostile Takeover (Core) x3
Posted Bounty (Core) x2
Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead) x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x3

Asset: (2)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2

ICE: (21)
Archer (Core) x2
Data Raven (Core) x2
Enigma (Core) x3
Ice Wall (Core) x3
Matrix Analyzer (Core) x3
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3
Shadow (Core) x3
Woodcutter (Cyber Exodus) x2

Operation: (13)
Beanstalk Royalties (Core) x3
Commercialization (Cyber Exodus) x3
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Shipment from Kaguya (Core) x2
Scorched Earth (Core) x2

Upgrade: (2)
Corporate Troubleshooter (Core) x2

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 2
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 13
The Weyland Consortium: 32

Okay that's basically the deck. Pretty standard Weyland deck trying to leverage as much of the new cards as I could. I had to go with only 2 Woodcutter, Melange and Kaguya so I could fit in everything, including the 2x Scorched Earth I almost completely forgot about.

Other options I have considered:
-2x Data Raven : +2x Archived Memories - Reasoning: MORE COMMERCIALIZATION!
-1x Matrix Analyzer : +1x Sea Source - Reasoning: Another way to tag on my turn.

Things I wish I could have fit in: Amazon Industrial Zone - Really helps the Woodcutter and saves some money. I suppose I could dump the Kaguyas for it.
Possibility:
-2x Shipment from Kaguya : +2x Amazon Industrial Zone

Call in the airstrike... I want scorched earth, nothing less! Dan Weyland Sheetrock International company motto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I totally dig it but I'd try out some number of traps in this - maybe Project Junebug?

That way you can Install/advance/advance a Junebug or a Priority Req behind a server with a Matrix Analyzer on it - when they run on the server use the encounter trigger to place an Advancement Counter on the thing they're running on.

You'll certainly get the runner's attention in this kind of situation because if they aren't sure then that situation is lethal.

I try to run a trap or two in any deck that I'm running Matrix Analyzer in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Lord of Space
msg tools
I would, I usually run at least one trap or a set of Snares! in Weyland, but I just couldn't find room, plus this is designed around beefing the ice instead of traps. The idea is that a hefty Woodcutter + possible troubleshooter in the server is scary enough that the runner will delay running until absolutely sure they can break it/survive it. Failing that, a beefy Ice Wall serves to delay runs as well.

Commercializations are saved for when you have a highly advanced ice, with the analyzers serving the purpose of advancing the ice action-free which are then fed by the pop-up windows. I'd say in this deck using the analyzers to advance anything else is a wasted opportunity for more money down the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, but I'm still not sold on Woodcutter just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Bush
United States
Narberth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You don't have a lot of ETR ICE. I think you're going to have a hard time sealing off your central servers as well as a remote.

Also, Melange may not work well with spending actions advancing ICE -- they're both click-intensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Lord of Space
msg tools
fbush555 wrote:
You don't have a lot of ETR ICE. I think you're going to have a hard time sealing off your central servers as well as a remote.

Also, Melange may not work well with spending actions advancing ICE -- they're both click-intensive.

Yeah that was a potential problem I was thinking about and you do have a good point... I guess I'm hoping that Data Raven will act as a ETR before they have a sentry breaker because I will gladly pay whatever I have to for its trace to win. At least in my meta Data Raven basically is ETR since no one wants to let Weyland win that trace. Getting some Enigma and Ice Wall early on will be important though, for sure.

As for Melange, yeah it's mostly something to rush in a bunch of cash as I feel that most runners will do whatever they can to trash it. Matrix Analyzers do a good job of advancing ice without actions, so long as the runner is running. If they aren't running then I can sit back and advance manually and use Melange at will.

I'm hopefully picking up Cyber Exodus tomorrow and will get some games in with it, see how it works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Lord of Space
msg tools
Ok I've managed to get in a game with this deck. It was against Gabe, also using a deck leveraging the new cards. I used a slightly modified version where I replaced the 2 Kaguya with 2 Amazons.

Some observations:
Pop-up Window and Matrix Analyzer really do make a great combo, I was able to advance several pieces of Ice multiple times without breaking the bank.
I managed to get a Woodcutter rezzed on HQ, advanced up to 8 and eventually an Amazon face down in HQ (didn't get a Troubleshooter unfortunately.) It served to scare my opponent off from running HQ for the rest of the game as I managed to keep at least as wealthy as him and he was scared of the troubleshooter kill.
I had an Archer protecting my one remote server and even though my opponent had 2 Emergency Shutdowns in his hand, he couldn't safely get into HQ to use them.
He had a few good runs on R&D before I got a big ice wall on it and managed to get to 5 points. Eventually though he was locked out pretty well and I was able to tag him with posted bounty followed by double SE.
Commercialization is a great card. The money swings it gave me were absolutely crucial.
The ice and operation heavy nature of this deck made my hands almost 100% safe from the HQ runs that got through before Woodcutter shut it off.

Some bad things:
The relative lack of ETR ice can be a bit damning early game if you don't get at least 2.
Not having the Amazon before Woodcutter is annoying. In my game I put the Woodcutter on HQ against Gabe so it was guaranteed rez pretty much, but otherwise Amazon is very useful for it.
Parasite is THE answer to Woodcutter. I haven't played against it yet, but this is pretty much obvious to everyone I think. I'll have to rely on advancing Ice Wall against those decks, maybe using Woodcutters as a parasite distraction if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.