Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Global Warming causes asteroids? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is CNN anchor Deb Feyerick. She is adding new meaning to word dumb blonde as she show's just how ignorant she is in terms of science. She is introducing Bill Nye who is going to talk about a near Earth asteroid. Here's her introduction.

“We want to bring in our science guy, Bill Nye, and talk about something else that’s falling from the sky, and that is an asteroid. What’s coming our way? Is this the effect of, perhaps, global warming?"

You can see her full introduction here. Nye is actually pretty good because you see for a minute him do a double take at just how stupid this woman is. Then like a gentleman makes a comment about the words meteor and meteorology have the same roots.



In general I like CNN but if ever an anchor has stood up to earn the Ted Baxter award this woman has.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's cold in space, of course asteroids are going to be attracted to our warm and toasty planet.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
It's cold in space, of course asteroids are going to be attracted to our warm and toasty planet.


Or they'll make our planet warm and toasty.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
It's cold in space, of course asteroids are going to be attracted to our warm and toasty planet.


Or they'll make our planet warm and toasty.


Nah, if it hits, the whole planet will end up cooling down considerably.

Aha! There's the connection to global warming - the asteroid is a solution.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I'll bet he knows how to spell know.

Oh, snap! You got him!! Be sure to mark that point down.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
It's cold in space, of course asteroids are going to be attracted to our warm and toasty planet.


Or they'll make our planet warm and toasty.


Nah, if it hits, the whole planet will end up cooling down considerably.

Aha! There's the connection to global warming - the asteroid is a solution.


Depends on how big the asteroid is I guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
It's cold in space, of course asteroids are going to be attracted to our warm and toasty planet.


Or they'll make our planet warm and toasty.


Nah, if it hits, the whole planet will end up cooling down considerably.

Aha! There's the connection to global warming - the asteroid is a solution.


Depends on how big the asteroid is I guess.


There you go with your SCIENCIN' and RATIONALITY and TAKIN' ME SERIOUSLY.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
RSP: Where people who believe in global warming go to laugh at people who are even more gullible.


BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
RSP: Where people who believe in global warming go to laugh at people who are even more gullible.


BWAHAHAHAHAHA!


tee-hee
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oldsin wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
RSP: Where people who believe in global warming go to laugh at people who are even more gullible.


BWAHAHAHAHAHA!


tee-hee


*giggle*
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


EDIT: Hardee Har Ha... gulp...hack... cough...har

Reminds me of the time a licensed elementary school teacher asked me if the astronauts passed a star on the way to the moon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What else is caused by global warming?

Sunspots.

Pluto no longer being considered a planet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:


EDIT: Hardee Har Ha... gulp...hack... cough...har

Reminds me of the time a licensed elementary school teacher asked me if the astronauts passed a star on the way to the moon.


Actually that's an excellent friggin question.

Guess it all depends on where you're standing. If you're on earth watching the trajectory, damn sure they did pass a few stars, didn't they?

Its all a matter of perspective and definition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
scribidinus wrote:


EDIT: Hardee Har Ha... gulp...hack... cough...har

Reminds me of the time a licensed elementary school teacher asked me if the astronauts passed a star on the way to the moon.


Actually that's an excellent friggin question.

Guess it all depends on where you're standing. If you're on earth watching the trajectory, damn sure they did pass a few stars, didn't they?

Its all a matter of perspective and definition.


They were passing lots of stars, until a comet pulled them over for speeding.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Modzelewski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
What else is caused by global warming?


Asteroids, hemorrhoids...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.