Mansions of Madness: Call of the Wild» Forums » General

Subject: Great Book Depository MoM:CotW deal! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up...
A good deal @ the Book Depository.
Currently on special with 45% off!

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Mansions-Madness/97816166140...

Note: these specials generally don't last too long

Edit... Free worldwide (most countries) shipping too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
minksling wrote:
Currently on special with 45% off!

Not any more (10 minutes later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's strange .. the deal is still there looking from here... was even a better deal yesterday ...47% off.
Maybe it's based on your login location .. I'm in NZ here... hmmm.

Edit: Are you registered with them? I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Works for me, though I am in NZ too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed it yesterday for NZ$38.58 ... that, is a sweet deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me (USA) it shows as $37.95 (36% off).

I already have it, so I don't care, it's just weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are they an American website? I'm wondering if I should order this as a present, but I'm worried it won't get here in by the time I need it (a week and a half).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Miller

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I clicked on it once, it said $37.95. I clicked on it a second time, 30 seconds later, and now its $51.90. Considering the standard online retailer price is about $38.99 (which is what I just paid for it this morning), this hardly seems thread worthy. Not to mention the fact that everybody is seeing different prices, makes it look like a scam or something.

Edit: I am also in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Miller

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PretzelTwist wrote:
Are they an American website? I'm wondering if I should order this as a present, but I'm worried it won't get here in by the time I need it (a week and a half).

They are a UK website. Personally, I'd recommend CoolStuffInc.com, that's where I got mine, but its not hard to find this at most online stores. Just don't pay more than $40 for it before shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Walker
msg tools
mbmb
OrionPax21 wrote:
I clicked on it once, it said $37.95. I clicked on it a second time, 30 seconds later, and now its $51.90. Considering the standard online retailer price is about $38.99 (which is what I just paid for it this morning), this hardly seems thread worthy. Not to mention the fact that everybody is seeing different prices, makes it look like a scam or something.

I use BookDepository almost exclusively for FFG game and books for almost 3 years now. I can assure you it is no scam. BookDepository are an amazing store, even more so as they offer free international shipping, which means that even if they achieve only a $1 less than a discounted retail price in the US, it is about a 50% saving to non-US customers. As such, it is very thread worthy for non-US residents.

The change in price is purely to the fact that they taregt price by region (as do many larger chains) and the discount is likely to be temporary (another reason why its thread worthy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionPax21 wrote:

A scam ... not likely, they're a subsidiary of Amazon.
All I've ever ordered from them ... and it's a fair amount ... has arrived with no problems.
As Luke does above, I get all my FFG stuff and books via them.

Free delivery, can't beat that.

I took a peek at Coolstuff .. gulp ... the shipping was more than the game itself.

BTW ... the Book Depository deal is still at 45% off .. for NZers at least, ha ha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Miller

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
minksling wrote:
All I've ever ordered from them ... and it's a fair amount ... has arrived with no problems.

I took a peek at Coolstuff .. gulp ... the shipping was more than the game itself.

BTW ... the Book Depository deal is still at 45% off .. for NZers at least, ha ha

I wasn't suggesting CSI for international buyers, I was suggesting it to the specific person I was responding to.

Aside from that, any place that touts "free international shipping" but fluctuates the price like that based on region, are basically scam artists. The shipping isn't free if they're charging me $20 more because I live in the US. Thats what I meant by scam, and it seems like an appropriate description to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionPax21 wrote:
minksling wrote:

I wasn't suggesting CSI for international buyers, I was suggesting it to the specific person I was responding to.

Aside from that, any place that touts "free international shipping" but fluctuates the price like that based on region, are basically scam artists. The shipping isn't free if they're charging me $20 more because I live in the US. Thats what I meant by scam, and it seems like an appropriate description to me.

More philanthropists than scam artists from where I'm seated whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered mine from book depository yesterday. For ffg I also use foyles.co.uk, they often even cheaper, also free delivery, but sometimes take longer to get new titles for sale. I got legends of Andorra for about 26 uk pounds, a staggering 18 pound saving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme McGee
United Kingdom
Upper Cambourne
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionPax21 wrote:
any place that touts "free international shipping" but fluctuates the price like that based on region, are basically scam artists. The shipping isn't free if they're charging me $20 more because I live in the US. Thats what I meant by scam, and it seems like an appropriate description to me.

Well, I got my order dispatched email this morning so in this instance, i'm very pleased to have been 'scammed' out of £20.83.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferenc Wostry
Hungary
flag msg tools
minksling wrote:
OrionPax21 wrote:
minksling wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree. Bookdepository is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wostry wrote:
minksling wrote:
OrionPax21 wrote:
minksling wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree. Bookdepository is awesome.

amen, brother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just placed my order. At 38,49 Euro, that's much cheaper than any price you can get in Germany at the time. Thanks for the hint!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionPax21 wrote:
I clicked on it once, it said $37.95. I clicked on it a second time, 30 seconds later, and now its $51.90.

Same thing happened for me a minute ago. You could try deleting your browser's cookies and see if it goes back to $37.95. $38 shipped is less than any US online retailer right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Holy cow. Just picked this up for $32, including shipping to Israel.

The lowest I can find on Ebay is $84, and with the recent changes to shipping prices, the online stores are about the same.

This cannot be a bad thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Tolomei
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Just picked it up with free shipping to Australia for $29. I wouldn't be surprised if the shipping was nearly that much for the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Week later still seems to be up at bookdepository.co.uk havent checked .com cant imagine it'd be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just bought it for $33. That is amazing value!

Best price I can find it in Australia is $60+

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah ... I'm loving the BD ..just grabbed the Pathfinder - Beginner Box for NZ$22 ... it was like 68% off or some-such, and it arrived within a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.