Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/suicides-fights-unio...

I especially note:
Quote:

Exacerbating this changing situation is the fact that the country's labor force is aging and, Chang says, for the first time ever its supply of workers in the age range of 15 to 54 years is declining, and its "population trends are accelerating."

Foxxconn plans to robotize and move.

I wonder at what point the cost of moving and retooling is going to wipe out any savings vs paying more for labor as the labor market tightens up worldwide.

Five million people went on social security in 2010 and 2011 in the U.S. (that's 2.5 million per year). Similar things are happening in China. That's up from five million people over 2001 to 2009 combined.

And what happens when labor get the upper hand and decides to stop working 60 hours per week?

I'm concerned inflation may be strong enough that I'm forced to work a bit more than I planned (tho still probably only 20 hours a week).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Foxxconn plans to robotize and move.

China has their most factories, but they are already spread out around the world: Europe, Japan, Brazil, Malaysia, India, and Mexico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
And what happens when labor get the upper hand

On that day Drew and Koldfoot will start making sense, and Blue Steel will announce his love for the President.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PomInNZ wrote:
A step towards the end game of mindless soulless capitalism. Robots making consumer goods that nobody can buy because no human beings have jobs

The wealthy and powerful need never care if the poor starve.

Does it make much difference if their houses and boats are run by mechanical or biological robots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PomInNZ wrote:
A step towards the end game of mindless soulless capitalism. Robots making consumer goods that nobody can buy because no human beings have jobs

You're terrified that people might get too much free stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.