GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,458 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if these questions are not as precise as they should be (I am at work and cannot remember that actual names of the cards).

Question 1:

I was playing the LS and had an objective and a location enhancement that added 1 force each to the force struggle. If these are used for their resources and have a focus token on them then may they still be used in the force struggle? The focus token did not affect an action and the text did not suggest that the force support was an action but rather by having the cards in play meant extra force in the struggle.

Question 2:

My opponent played a 'force intimidation Vadar' card. This was an enhancement that placed a force token on my unit if I used a strike. does this mean that I could defend with that unit but not attack?

When I get home I will add the names of the cards.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, they add 1 force icon at all times.

2) There is no such thing as a "force token". I think maybe you mean a "focus token"? In that case, I'm guessing the card you're talking about is "Intimidated". What that does is that after you strike (remember, the ability is used after you have already focused to strike), you get an extra focus token on that character. So instead of having 1 focus token (or 2 if you're committed to the Force), you'll end up with 2 (or 3) instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
1. Yes the 1 force is given regardless of weather the objective has a focus token on it or not.

2. This has nothing to do with attacking or defending... When you choose a unit to participate in an engagement, and his turn comes up to strike, you will need to put an extra focus token on him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clive65 wrote:
Sorry if these questions are not as precise as they should be (I am at work and cannot remember that actual names of the cards).

Question 1:

I was playing the LS and had an objective and a location enhancement that added 1 force each to the force struggle. If these are used for their resources and have a focus token on them then may they still be used in the force struggle? The focus token did not affect an action and the text did not suggest that the force support was an action but rather by having the cards in play meant extra force in the struggle.

Focus tokens do not prevent card actions from taking place, unless the text specifically states otherwise. So yes, their Force icons would count.

Quote:
Question 2:

My opponent played a 'force intimidation Vadar' card. This was an enhancement that placed a force token on my unit if I used a strike. does this mean that I could defend with that unit but not attack?

When I get home I will add the names of the cards.
Thanks.

No, you could attack with it, but it would gain TWO Force tokens each time it did instead of one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bud,

To answer your questions... as far as I know.

ANSWER 1: The rules state that "ready units" add to the force struggle. However, I believe the "SW LCG GOLDEN RULE" would mean that the card themselves would add to your force total, regardless of whether it is focused, since according to the rule, only NON-ready "units" cannot add to the force total.

ANSWER 2: I believe you are talking about the card: "Intimidated". Is this the one?

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwars/star-wars-card-...

If so, this card enhances (read de-hances) an enemy unit so that when it is focused to strike (in an engagement), it would apply 2 focus tokens instead of the normal 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hundreds wrote:
Hey Bud,

To answer your questions... as far as I know.

ANSWER 1: The rules state that "ready units" add to the force struggle. However, I believe the "SW LCG GOLDEN RULE" would mean that the card themselves would add to your force total, regardless of whether it is focused, since according to the rule, only NON-ready "units" cannot add to the force total.

ANSWER 2: I believe you are talking about the card: "Intimidated". Is this the one?

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwars/star-wars-card-...

If so, this card enhances (read de-hances) an enemy unit so that when it is focused to strike (in an engagement), it would apply 2 focus tokens instead of the normal 1.

Thanks to everyone for the answers...it seems we have a consensus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.