Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem to want the German player to set up his Archie concentrations first, before the British player plans his routes. This seems counterintuitive to me - the British player shouldn't know where the AA is, or he'd just route around them. It's particularly odd when you remember that the AA units were fairly mobile and could be repositioned from day to day.

If a flight descends to attack, and the fight continues through to the next turn, should we assume that both flights are at the same level on that turn?

How do you count hexes, say, from a flight occupying a hex to a flight occupying a hex edge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
The rules seem to want the German player to set up his Archie concentrations first, before the British player plans his routes. This seems counterintuitive to me - the British player shouldn't know where the AA is, or he'd just route around them. It's particularly odd when you remember that the AA units were fairly mobile and could be repositioned from day to day.

If you factor the optional endurance rules into the game, you don't really have the luxury of "going around" potential AA hotspots; especially if they happen to be sitting on top of your recon targets.

I recently put Scenario 12 on the table, and found that both the DLS and RFC Archie coverage was thick enough that there was no "gap" through which my flights could sneak. A bit of Artillery Cooperation did manage to blast one opening for me, though.

Quote:
If a flight descends to attack, and the fight continues through to the next turn, should we assume that both flights are at the same level on that turn?

The dogfight rules put the altitude of the fight itself at that of the defender. It will drop 1 band per 5 turns that the dogfight carries on, but not lower than DECK. When the dogfight concludes, the planes exit (or scatter, depending) at the dogfight's altitude band+0.

Quote:
How do you count hexes, say, from a flight occupying a hex to a flight occupying a hex edge?

The flight on the edge is considered to occupy both hexes for counting purposes, so count to the closer hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jardeon wrote:
cstimpson wrote:

If you factor the optional endurance rules into the game, you don't really have the luxury of "going around" potential AA hotspots; especially if they happen to be sitting on top of your recon targets.

I recently put Scenario 12 on the table, and found that both the DLS and RFC Archie coverage was thick enough that there was no "gap" through which my flights could sneak. A bit of Artillery Cooperation did manage to blast one opening for me, though.

Thanks for the help. So far I've only tried Scenario 7, which has just 8 AA counters, and I didn't use endurance or dogfighting.

Quote:
Quote:

The dogfight rules put the altitude of the fight itself at that of the defender. It will drop 1 band per 5 turns that the dogfight carries on, but not lower than DECK. When the dogfight concludes, the planes exit (or scatter, depending) at the dogfight's altitude band+0.

It's all about height advantage. As I said, I haven't tried the dogfighting rules yet, but I think it's reasonable to assume that, even using basic rules, an attacking flight wouldn't break off and climb between turns, then descend again to fight.

Quote:
Quote:

The flight on the edge is considered to occupy both hexes for counting purposes, so count to the closer hex.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.