GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Suburbia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tile Activation and Reputation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions about suburbia...

1) When tiles are placed, are all tiles connected to the new tile activated again?

2) Each turn you receive income; does your population increase every turn based on your reputation?

Last time I played, we only increased our population when tiles with Meemples were placed...seemed off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When a tile is placed every tile in play that is affected by it activates.

Example: When you buy an airport all airports in play increase the income or reputation of the owning player. If you had a power plant your income would increase from your new airport.

2) Your population does increase or decrease at the end of each turn by your reputation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Griep
United States
North Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
1) When a tile is placed every tile in play that is affected by it activates.

Example: When you buy an airport all airports in play increase the income or reputation of the owning player. If you had a power plant your income would increase from your new airport.

And by activates, it just applies the incremental effect of the tile, not the tile's full resolution all over again.

Above example expanded with numbers: Assume your borough has a Power Station, 2 yellow tiles, and that your income is +2. You place a Domestic Airport in your borough, which increases your income +1. Following the steps on the player board, you eventually get to the resolution step where you look for tiles in your borough affected by the placed tile (step 5). Here, the Power Station activates, and increases your income another +1 (for the one added yellow tile, not +3 for the 3 yellow tiles in your borough). Assuming that there are no other effects to resolve, you would end up with an income of +4, not +6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.