Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never got heavily into miniatures, though I do like tactical wargames. And I really like Rogue Trooper. And I really, really like Nemesis the Warlock, so I kinda want to support everything Mongoose do, in the hope that they eventually give me a Nemesis game!

Anyway, I would like to see an adaptation of this game that came as a boxed set, with a specific selection of minis and some sort of quick and clever team-building mechanic.

For instance, and off the top of my head... A deck of cards, three for each mini - with each card recording different stats and weapons, thus subsequently different costs. Players are dealt out three cards each, and take it in turns to select one and play it in front of them to claim the corresponding mini. Whenever a card in hard matches an already-taken mini, it's discarded. Whenever a player has fewer than thee cards, he draws back to three.

Once a player has played a card that takes him over the points threshold for the game (say 50? I only skimmed the rulebook), his opponent can continue playing cards and claiming minis until he reaches (not exceeds) the same total. Then the game begins.

Some cards might conceivably be upgrades/weapons that slot onto other cards, rather than directly linked to minis. A seperate deck might be necessary to govern GIs.

Anyway, a stand-alone boxed set like that, where team selection was 'gameified', would be hard for me to resist, and would be a much less daunting prospect than buying into a game where in reality I'd probably be the only one I know who has any minis, so I'd end up building multiple armies for other people.

Any scope for that sort of thing? Maybe for the upcoming Nemesis the Warlock game that I choose to believe is just around the corner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I too love Rogue Trooper and many of the other 2000AD characters but have absolutely no Interest in a minis game. I wish they would make some 2000AD based games that were from different tabletop genres.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to know why the KS is failing so hard it's lost backers half the time over the past two-and-a-half weeks. It's like people got excited on Day One and then the thing just died. What's wrong with this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
KS has finished with 16,000 pounds, a drop of at least a couple of thousand quid from what was pledged at its zenith.

One commenter noted that this is the only KS campaign she'd seen where the pledges were going backwards.

I think the lack of production models or even concept sketches/mock-ups/whatever for even the basic infantry types really hurt the campaign. I would have waited until I had soemthing to show potential backers.

Venus Blugenes did not appear as an offer to pledge extra for.

Finally Mr 'big nipple wok hat' also may have put people off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.