Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently picked up Escape: The Curse of the Temple and really like it. While reading up on some rules questions I stumbled upon "The Adventurers" games. Are they remotely similar or different enough to justify owning as well?

Which of the two (FFG versions), The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac or The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus would you recommend for just two players? I've been eyeing Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game but hearing the encounters kind of fall flat plus I already have and really enjoy A Touch of Evil.

Thanks in advanced and if there is a better game I'm overlooking feel free to chime in. Take care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own escape and adventurers temple of Chac. They are very different. I like adventurers. It reminds me of Indiana jones. It isn't a very complex game but its fun. You move or search for treasure and try to get out of the cave before the boulder gets to the end of the path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which of the two Adventurers games is more "streamlined" and potentially better for two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Temple of Chac. It is also felt the most Indiana Jones-y to me, and is getting a reprint from FFG soon, if it hasn't already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R J
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Temple of Chac. It is also felt the most Indiana Jones-y to me, and is getting a reprint from FFG soon, if it hasn't already.

If you saw the game for the first time and didn't see the box you would swear Temple of Chac is an Indiana Jones game. My son and I have played both and hands down Temple is both our favorite of the 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our game Lost Adventures is probably a good match for what you're looking for, but unfortunately it hasn't yet been picked up by a publisher. If you (or anyone else) wanted to PnP, or to twist my arm to make you a prototype, you could give it a spin. Or hope that it comes out in print soon and try it then!

I would also recommend taking a look at Goldland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:

Have you played both, what's the biggest differences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
You can't get more Indy Jones than Fortune & Glory - except by changing the names of the characters to those of the film characters. Seriously, that game IS Indy Jones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was gonna give you a brief rundown of Fortune & Glory but The Adventurers actually has a boulder!! Why are you not buying it right now?!

But if you want real reasons: Adventurers looks much more interactive, and I can see how it would have that edge-of-your-seat adventure vibe.
However, if you want to race your friends for the Shield of Horus or brave the Temple of Medusa and fight Nazis and mobsters along the way in more of a pick up and deliver, spanning the globe epic, F&G could be the way to go.

Both have the feel of Indy I'm sure, and it's true that the dangers in F&G sometimes (more often than not) make no sense - but that just adds to the campy fun! I like F&G for its variety of game styles - competitive, team, co-op, solo - and it plays up to 8, so it works for my gaming group. But if you want something like Escape! then I would say go for Adventurers.

Edit: 2 players you say? F&G feels a bit epic to try with 2 - I much prefer teams or co-op with at least 6 people. Playing multiple characters could provide the same excitement, but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't think I'd ever suggest F&G with just two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Treasure of the Lost Temple is an Indiana Jones like game. Not a great game, and you need to add some of your own atmosphere, but makes a good basis for such an adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mi_de wrote:
Treasure of the Lost Temple is an Indiana Jones like game. Not a great game, and you need to add some of your own atmosphere, but makes a good basis for such an adventure.

I need something with a modern look and better production value, but thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jwarrend wrote:
Our game Lost Adventures is probably a good match for what you're looking for, but unfortunately it hasn't yet been picked up by a publisher. If you (or anyone else) wanted to PnP, or to twist my arm to make you a prototype, you could give it a spin. Or hope that it comes out in print soon and try it then!

Okay, maybe I am blind but I have gone to the blog for Lost Adventures, where do I find the PnP files as I would really like to try this out. I may even be interested on doing up some artwork for it.

jwarrend wrote:
I would also recommend taking a look at Goldland.

Great recommendation, I have wanted this one for far too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.