17 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck Idea] Anarch + Test Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone else see 3x Djinn + 2x Test Run + 1x Medium + 1x Nerve Agent + 1x Sneakdoor Beta + 1x Snitch working?

Sounds solid to me, but I won't have access to Cyber Exodus until late march.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try making a deck anyway!

Medium certainly feels like it benefits from multiple copies. A singleton Nerve Agent with Djinn, however, sounds quite reasonable. And Snitch might just be best for Anarch after all, as they have the most incentive to install before running, putting them in danger of Ichi and Rototurret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nagle
msg tools
Why Test Run and not special order? Whats your thinking there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hodges
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
ItsNags wrote:

I assume because Test Run could grab any of the programs whereas special order can only grab icebreakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
Try and squeeze the influence to play 3 of those if you are running Noise, remember that a Test Run on a virus still gets to discard a card from the top of the deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I don't like Sneakdoor in a Noise Test Run deck - they're already going to be defending their Archives most of the time (or they should be)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed; Sneak Door isn't a hot one when your blasting cards into their Archives and they are going to be defending it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
I don't like Sneakdoor in a Noise Test Run deck - they're already going to be defending their Archives most of the time (or they should be) [...] Sneak Door isn't a hot one when your blasting cards into their Archives and they are going to be defending it anyway.

Well... in my defense, I never said I'd use Noise rather than Whizzard, but yes, you guys are right, using no Sneakdoor Beta and 3x Test Run would work better than my initial suggestion for Noise. (and I'm not a big fan of Whizzard, after all...)

ItsNags wrote:

To search for Djinn + Sneakdoor Beta (not anymore ) + Snitch + probably Magnum Opus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
3x Test Run, 3x Parasite, and 3x Deja Vu would let you to mill up to 12 cards off of R&D throughout the game AND trash up to 12 pieces of ICE (so long as you had a stocked Datasucker or Wyrm when you test ran the Parasites. I've been toying with a deck idea around this strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
3x Test Run, 3x Parasite, and 3x Deja Vu would let you to mill up to 12 cards off of R&D throughout the game AND trash up to 12 pieces of ICE (so long as you had a stocked Datasucker or Wyrm when you test ran the Parasites. I've been toying with a deck idea around this strategy.

If the card you used Test Run on is no longer installed at the end of your turn, it doesn't go on top of your deck.

But if you used the 3x Test Run to fish out the used Parasites from your heap, you could potentially trash up to 9 pieces of ICE...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:

If the card you used Test Run on is no longer installed at the end of your turn, it doesn't go on top of your deck.

But if you used the 3x Test Run to fish out the used Parasites from your heap, you could potentially trash up to 9 pieces of ICE...

Great point. You could make up some of the difference with a couple of FAOs. Here is a deck list I threw together. Using asmor's builder. Shortened link: http://bit.ly/VUx3Xs

The biggest issues that I see with it right now are economy and managing MUs. Obviously, not all programs are going to be installed at the same time, but there are a lot there. I've included Aesop's as a way to gain three if the Corp cleared all virus counters on their last turn and I have an empty virus I don't mind trashing. Anyway, love to hear some thoughts from the peanut gallery.

Cards: 45 / 45
Influence: 15 / 15

Identity
1x Noise

Event (14)
3x Deja Vu
2x Demolition Run
2x Forged Activation Orders ●●●●
2x Infiltration
2x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run ●●●●●●●●●

Hardware (4)
2x Cyberfeeder
2x Grimoire

Icebreakers (8)
2x Corroder
2x Wyrm
2x Yog.0
2x Mimic

Other Programs (1)
2x Djinn

Viruses (11)
2x Datasucker
2x Imp
2x Medium
2x Nerve Agent
3x Parasite

Resource (6)
1x Aesop's Pawnshop ●●
3x Armitage Codebusting
2x Ice Carver

Edit: Separated the Viruses from other programs for easier reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
Here's a Q&D that I came up with:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (12)
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3
Deja Vu (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3

Hardware: (7)
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3
Grimoire (Core) x2
Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount) x2

Program: (21)
Corroder (Core) x2
Datasucker (Core) x3
Djinn (Core) x3
Medium (Core) x2
Mimic (Core) x2
Wyrm (Core) x2
Yog.0 (Core) x2
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) x2
Parasite (Core) x3

Resource: (5)
Liberated Account (Trace Amount) x3
Ice Carver (Core) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 62
Criminal: 6
Shaper: 9

The idea of this deck is pure ICE denial: Parasite (with the help of Test Run and Deja Vu) and destroy with Wyrm/DS. Emergency Shutdown the expensive stuff to keep them unrezzed (and/or the Corp poor). Nerve Agent and Medium to make both HQ and R&D profitable targets. The Dyson Mems are in there because I didn't have enough Influence for Akamatsus, and the Parasites can't be hosted on Djinn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:

The idea of this deck is pure ICE denial: Parasite (with the help of Test Run and Deja Vu) and destroy with Wyrm/DS. Emergency Shutdown the expensive stuff to keep them unrezzed (and/or the Corp poor). Nerve Agent and Medium to make both HQ and R&D profitable targets. The Dyson Mems are in there because I didn't have enough Influence for Akamatsus, and the Parasites can't be hosted on Djinn.

Similar theory to the deck I posted above. Except I decided to use FAO instead of ES. Three reasons: 1) It doesn't require a successful run, and 2) It either puts the ICE in Archives or keeps the Corp poor by forcing to Rez ICE (which gives me a target for my Parasites. Unrezzed ICE doesn't help the strat. I'm still thinking about the economy problem. I might follow your lead and take out the Infiltrations, for some Liberated Accounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
heyvince wrote:

But on the other hand, Deja Vu lets you get two viruses back from the heap. So assuming you're using Noise, here's the total ICE trashed, cards milled and credit cost:

Parasite1 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite1 to heap (1 ICE, 1 mill, 2c)
Parasite2 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite2 to heap (2 ICE, 2 mill, 4c)
Deja Vu 1 Parasite1 & Parasite2 from heap to grip (2 ICE, 2 mill, 6c)
Parasite1 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite1 to heap (3 ICE, 3 mill, 8c)
Parasite2 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite2 to heap (4 ICE, 4 mill, 10c)
Deja Vu 2 Parasite1 & Parasite2 from heap to grip (4 ICE, 4 mill, 12c)
Parasite1 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite1 to heap (5 ICE, 5 mill, 14c)
Parasite2 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite2 to heap (6 ICE, 6 mill, 16c)
Deja Vu 3 Parasite1 & Parasite2 from heap to grip (6 ICE, 6 mill, 18c)
Parasite1 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite1 to heap (7 ICE, 7 mill, 20c)
Parasite2 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite2 to heap (8 ICE, 8 mill, 22c)
Parasite3 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite3 to heap (9 ICE, 9 mill, 23c)
Test Run Parasite3 from heap to table, do not trash ICE, Parasite3 to stack (9 ICE, 10 mill, 26c)
Draw Parasite3, Parasite3 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite3 to heap (10 ICE, 11 mill, 28c)
Test Run Parasite3 from heap to table, do not trash ICE, Parasite3 to stack (10 ICE, 12 mill, 31c)
Draw Parasite3, Parasite3 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite3 to heap (11 ICE, 13 mill, 33c)
Test Run Parasite3 from heap to table, do not trash ICE, Parasite3 to stack (11 ICE, 14 mill, 36c)
Draw Parasite3, Parasite3 from grip, trash ICE, Parasite3 to heap (12 ICE, 15 mill, 38c)

(Note that the credit cost is JUST for playing the Parasites, Deja Vus and Test Runs, not for anything else involved in getting what you need to trash the ICE.)

Assuming you're playing against a deck that's slow enough to let this happen, that's... that's pretty devastating right there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
Similar theory to the deck I posted above. Except I decided to use FAO instead of ES. Three reasons: 1) It doesn't require a successful run, and 2) It either puts the ICE in Archives or keeps the Corp poor by forcing to Rez ICE (which gives me a target for my Parasites. Unrezzed ICE doesn't help the strat. I'm still thinking about the economy problem. I might follow your lead and take out the Infiltrations, for some Liberated Accounts.
Yeah, I was debating FAO vs ES. I think I decided to go with ES mainly because it's new and shiny. But from a strategy perspective, you're right, FAO is probably the better option. (Plus, hey, potentially trashing more ICE.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
Skylar114 wrote:
heyvince wrote:

But on the other hand, Deja Vu lets you get two viruses back from the heap. So assuming you're using Noise, here's the total ICE trashed, cards milled and credit cost:
Assuming you're playing against a deck that's slow enough to let this happen, that's... that's pretty devastating right there.

You also have to assume that about half Of those milled cards are ice as well. Potentially even more devastating is forcing the corp player to play knowing that on any given runner turn you will trash all of the ice on a central server. If they hold it in their hand, you'll run and trash them with Imp or a Medium + Demolition Run combo. Same goes for runs on R&D.

You really force them to play slower. Ideally, they won't have the opportunity/time to build a mega fort because you're forcing them to ICE up central servers and really making them think about spending a turn to clear virus counters. Precious turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
So... after realizing my "overhype" about Cyber Exodus, this is the preliminary version of my new Anarch deck. I'm hoping to try it this weekend.

ID: Noise, Hacker Extraordinaire

- Programs (19 cards) -

2x Corroder
2x Mimic
2x Yog.0
1x Femme Fatale

3x Datasucker
2x Djinn
2x Imp
2x Parasite
1x Magnum Opus
1x Medium
1x Nerve Agent

- Hardwares (7 cards) -

3x Cyberfeeder
2x Spinal Modem
1x Lemuria Codecracker
1x Plascrete Carapace

- Resources (12 cards) -

3x Armitage Codebusting
3x Compromised Employee
2x Ice Carver
2x Liberated Account
2x Personal Workshop

- Events (7 cards) -

3x Sure Gamble
2x Deja Vu
2x Stimhack

Total: 45 cards
Out of Factions: 3x Compromised Employee, 2x Personal Workshop, 1x Femme Fatale, 1x Lemuria Codecracker, 1x Magnum Opus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.