Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hello Kitty Clix? What a Keroppi theme for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No self respecting Heroclix player should EVER field a team with a Hello Kitty piece in it . . . EVER! I saw this news about an hour ago and couldn't help but shake my head. Hello Kitty is on a LOT of different products - but Heroclix is the LAST place I would expect to see it. Seems like a really dumb choice. Heroclix players aren't going to buy it and Hello Kitty fans aren't going to buy the Heroclix product. Imagine the guy at WizKids that got handed this project!! gulpsobluecry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
No self respecting Heroclix player should EVER field a team with a Hello Kitty piece in it . . . EVER! I saw this news about an hour ago and couldn't help but shake my head. Hello Kitty is on a LOT of different products - but Heroclix is the LAST place I would expect to see it. Seems like a really dumb choice. Heroclix players aren't going to buy it and Hello Kitty fans aren't going to buy the Heroclix product. Imagine the guy at WizKids that got handed this project!! gulpsobluecry

I have been expecting Hello Kitty! as a new investigator for the next Arkham Horror expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a joke...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a•TOM•a•ton
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this will be a Clix game. If you go through all the photos from that fair, all the other boxes clearly said HeroClix on them, but this one does not.

Instead, I believe that this will be just like their Smurfs release a year or so ago when they released a simple game, and the counter top displays were collectible expansions of the game.

In fact, they had a box representing the second wave of expansions for that Smurf game sitting very close to this Hello Kitty box.

Note: Even though the article's author says that it will have a Clix release, the Company itself never said it in their official releases that I have seen, so there is some confusion there. I'm hoping for all of my friends in the Clix community that they just are referring to a Smurf-like realease, that would be at the same scale as the Heroclix figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the ICv2 post on the announcement:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/25023.html

So maybe not a Heroclix game given the "apparently" in that sentence. We can only hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroclix is cross-game compatible, right? If so, I can have the Enterprise from Star Trek HeroClix: Tactics fight Hello Kitty. Finally, my dream fight can come to life and I can finally settle who would win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:

Wow, you really need to get over yourself. There's FAR worse things to get upset about then Hello Kitty toys for christ's sake.

I think it's awesome. I've never played Heroclix and I'd buy the fuck out of these. However, if you actually read the announcement you'd see they don't actually say they're making Heroclix Hello Kitty at all so the people you describe can continue playing without their paper thin masculinity being threatened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
My dream of Aliens vs. Predator vs. Hello Kitty can finally be a reality. Awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a•TOM•a•ton
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hamtastic wrote:
Heroclix is cross-game compatible, right? If so, I can have the Enterprise from Star Trek HeroClix: Tactics fight Hello Kitty. Finally, my dream fight can come to life and I can finally settle who would win.

Yes it is. I have personally KO'ed the Starship Enterprise with Squirrel Girl's pet Monkey Joe.

Oddly enough, that was right about the time when I decided that I need to think about exiting that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
alkaiser wrote:
Hello Kitty is on a LOT of different products - but Heroclix is the LAST place I would expect to see it.

I can do you one better...

EDIT: Image won't work. Google "hello kitty personal massager"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
alkaiser wrote:

Wow, you really need to get over yourself. There's FAR worse things to get upset about then Hello Kitty toys for christ's sake.

I think it's awesome. I've never played Heroclix and I'd buy the fuck out of these. However, if you actually read the announcement you'd see they don't actually say they're making Heroclix Hello Kitty at all so the people you describe can continue playing without their paper thin masculinity being threatened.

Harsh! Just so you know, I don't play Heroclix but I know people that do and no they would not buy Hello Kitty Heroclix. It's a game about superheroes. However, plastic collectable Hello Kitty figurines would certainly sell, just to a different demographic. And the reason for the uncertainty is that I have seen 2 or 3 different announcements or news posts that mention Heroclix and Hello Kitty related to this agreement. At least one of those puts them in the same sentence. I doubt it's true since it just doesn't make any sense but time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.