Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game, after watching Tom Vasel and his girls review it on YouTube, figuring it would be good for my kids.

Well, we played our first game tonight, and really enjoyed it, but, we seemed to be outrunning the monkey rather easily. We were just playing by the rules Tom described them, and only after the game was over did I go back and read the actual rule book. And, as far as I can make out, he got the move rule wrong. He says you don't count the spaces that other people are on when moving your man. Reading the rule book, I think you only skip a space if the one you "land" on (ie- finish your moves on) is occupied... then you move one more to the next open space.

Still wondering, though... which is correct. I tend to think Tom got it wrong, just because it seems too easy to outrun the monkey if you don't count spaces people are on .. everyone is always frog-hopping over everyone getting extra spaces. How do you play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that your interpretation is correct, i.e., you only jump ahead a space if you end your move on another player's space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Tom got the movement rules wrong just a little bit. Like Eric said, if you would land on an occupied space, move forward to the next unoccupied space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
cool... that's what I figured, but had to check with the BGG clan first, as usual

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.