4 Posts

Wizard Kings» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Schlimgen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had WK for a few years now, but have never played. I'm going over the rules in an attempt to get a few games in, so please bear with me if I'm asking obvious questions.

1) Shoals. If I understand this correctly, shoals are basically impassable terrain. Ground units (including amphibians) may not cross all-water hex sides and aquatics are explicitely prohibited. The only other way to enter would be sea transport but that is also not allowed. Is this correct?

2) Flyers. Flyers may battle in a sea hex, but may not land there. I'm guessing this means that flyers may move over sea hexes and even stop to battle. If they battle, they must retreat/regroup to an adjacent land hex or a friendly land hex using their full move. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same boat as you, but I just traded for the game. As far as I read the rules it looks like you are correct on both accounts. I don't think either of these will come up much, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct on all points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just played surprise attack (by Chris Farrel) and it the flyer attacking at sea deal happened. cool stuff. And yes, that is how we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.