Lord Soth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is already a lot of excellent custom fan made stuff for these games. This thread is aimed at using only the components that come with the games so that it can be integrated easy.

Apologies if I have added somebody else's ideas. I think it would be handy if it was all in one place.

Ally cards(LoD, HoC)

Instead of taking a treasure card at the start of the game you may take a random ally card.

Fissure tile (LoD)

Place a random fissure tile next to the start tile. Whenever you place a black triangle tile roll a d20. If the roll matches the number on the fissure tile place a monster on the start tile and give the active hero that monster card.

To make this tougher you can create a separate monster deck using the monster cards from dungeon command.

Vault tile(WoA, LoD)

When the vault tile is in play place a random treasure chest token on any space behind the door token.

Doors (WoA)

If a door token is in play and you explore a tile without an open door you draw a tile from the bottom of the tile stack instead of the top. This encourages doors to be opened rather than avoided.

Monster cards (All dungeon command sets)

Create a separate monster card stack from the dungeon command sets. Whenever you draw a white triangle tile draw from that card pile instead of the normal monster pile. I figure as there is less white triangle tiles than black its better to use them.

I haven't yet figured out how to make use of the dungeon command tiles.

Please feel free to add to these ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they are all fantastic and concise and easy ! brilliance!
especially the ally and fissure and Door

Idea for the end./start part dungeon command tile:-
Long hall ways could end with a random "small 2 tile" Dungeon command tile with 2 monsters and 2 treasure on them... or a 2 treasures and a have a dungeon command monster pile of all the 4+ xp monsters and place one of them in the room kinda a mini chamber mini boss.. the long hall way would give you some breathing space but the 2 treasure could make it worth the risk.. Que custom mini chamber deck to be made.
if you complete the chamber gain a mini bonus, kinda like decent 2nd ed secret room from lair of wyrm

you could even close the dungeon command tile with another numbered fissue tile, so you get 2 spawn points.

I've always wanted some kind of skill challenge in the D&Dsystem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Soth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words !!!

The idea was to make them simple to use so you wouldn't have to try and remember heaps of stuff during the game.

Great idea for putting a short dungeon command tile at the end of the long hallyway tiles populated with monsters and treasure chests.

Another variant for the fissure tile is that if a white triangle tile is drawn roll a D20 if it's the number on the fissure tile put an ally into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.