11 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Maya and Sioux precision rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
An exemple for the Maya. I have assigned 2 huts on a city. Next turn, i want to assign 1 village on that city instead of a hut :

1) You can't change your previous assignement. They are permanent.
2) You can change your previous assignement but lose the hut.
3) You can change your previous assignement and get the hut back on your civ sheet.

About Sioux, can you move a city you just build this turn ? Exemple, turn 2 i build my city and decide to move it 3 squares.

Thx

I will put answers in the uFAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Maya:
You assign huts each turn. They arent lost at all. You can even assign a hut in start of turn and get +2 trade and then use this hut (if it is silk) in tradephase on Horseback Riding and get +9 for a total of +11

Sioux:
Yes you can move a just built city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Thx a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Just to be sure.
The bonus for assigning a village (+2 culture) works only if you devote the city to the art ? You don't get 2 culture tokens at the start of the turn ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only if devoted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Some more questions about Sioux that happens last game.

Here is cases :
a) You build your city and you have an army on it, so your army move 1 square away. You decide to move your city and you move it on your army. -> What happen ?

1) You can move city trought your own units but cannot stop on it ?
2) You can move city trought your own units and can stop on it -> The unit will move once again one square directly.
3) You can't move your city trougth your own army and can't stop on it.

b) Can you move a city if there is an ennemi army or scout in his outskirt ?

1) No
2) Yes, if the first move make the ennemy army (armies) leaves the outskirt.
3) Yes

c) Can you move a city and stop 1 square away from an ennemy army or ennemy scout, from a hut, or from a village ?

1) No
2) Yes

d) Can you move your city making his first square move going 1 square from an ennemi army (scout, hut, village) and then finishing his move in an allowed city position (no ennemy army scout, hut or village in his outskirt).
For exemple : ennemi army (or simply a hut) on A2 and city on C3. You move city to B3 (1 square from the ennemi army) and finally to B4 (allowed spot). You do this cause C4 is water square or something else...

1) You cannot make moves that bring (even for a "transit") the city 1 square from anything wrong (ennemy army/scout, hut, village)
2) You can make these moves.

And a last question :

e)Can you move your city trougth water ?

1) No
2) Yes
3) Yes if you have navigation, sailing, etc.

Of course you cannot stop on water as i suppose only viking can have city on water.

Thx for answers.

ps : I forced someone and/or myself to get The Sioux cause never been played before (we roll for picking civ) and these questions came to us trougth the game. Finally english won economics ! Incredible ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow you always have very rare occasions! devil

a) i think 2) would be correct although it opens quite unique tactics.

b) why shouldnt you be allowed?

c) not adjacent to a hut, a village or the outer edge of the board. the city must be legally placed at all times and also during movement.

d) no, see c)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Ok thx i edited my last post but you already answered it. Ok
Thx a lot and have a good day ^^. i will update it in da faq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Just to precise : I know these situations are quite embarassing and sneaky ^^

question a) :
-> You have to precise player haves to do a complete move with his city. Not a 1 by 1 square move like "i move 1 square on my army, then my army is forced to move one square, then i move my city again on my army, etc." -> you can have a free 3 squares move with a (some) army in a very lame way.

question b) :
Ok you can move. But i think the 2)answer is the rigth one cause of the question c) answer : "not adjacent to a hut, a village, [an ennemy army or scout] or the outer edge of the board. the city must be legally placed at all times and also during movement."
-> you can move the city but have to be legally placed during your first move. This force you to move at a place where the ennemy army don't stand anymore in your outskirt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One more question that comes to my mind: What if you move your city onto another player's unit? Maybe that should be forbidden, as you could kill a scout this way or make somebody attack you even if he will inevitably lose the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
mrmonkeyball wrote:
One more question that comes to my mind: What if you move your city onto another player's unit? Maybe that should be forbidden, as you could kill a scout this way or make somebody attack you even if he will inevitably lose the battle.

For sure this is forbidden. But unfortunatly you cant clarify everything on the civ-sheet itself.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.