Subject: Question about Fairy of the Wind + # of bids in a single turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Tirico
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

last time I played Fairy Land with my daughter we found ourselves stuck into a situation from which I couldn't get out with the help of the rulebook.

In short, we were near the end of a 2-player game and both of us already used the Fairy Crest. My daughter run out of cards, while I kept the Fairy of the Wind.
At my turn, I declared that I wanted to explore a clearing. My daughter, having no cards in hand, couldn't bid any fairy. I used the Fairy of the Wind, bidding 1, got the clearing and (since her power says that "She has a value of 1, but if you have 3 or less cards in your hand after you play her, you may immediately take her back into your hand to use again") took the Fairy back into my hand.

Next turn, same move. And again. And again. And...ok, you got it laugh

The question is: is this the correct use of the Fairy? Have I missed something? If not, my impression is that the Fairy of the Wind is terribly overpowered...

Plus: how many times are you allowed to bid in a single turn? You can talk just once, or you can raise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kobayashi.issa wrote:
Hi,

last time I played Fairy Land with my daughter we found ourselves stuck into a situation from which I couldn't get out with the help of the rulebook.

In short, we were near the end of a 2-player game and both of us already used the Fairy Crest. My daughter run out of cards, while I kept the Fairy of the Wind.
At my turn, I declared that I wanted to explore a clearing. My daughter, having no cards in hand, couldn't bid any fairy. I used the Fairy of the Wind, bidding 1, got the clearing and (since her power says that "She has a value of 1, but if you have 3 or less cards in your hand after you play her, you may immediately take her back into your hand to use again") took the Fairy back into my hand.

Next turn, same move. And again. And again. And...ok, you got it laugh

The question is: is this the correct use of the Fairy? Have I missed something? If not, my impression is that the Fairy of the Wind is terribly overpowered...

Plus: how many times are you allowed to bid in a single turn? You can talk just once, or you can raise?

Hi Alessandro,

that's actually the correct use of the Fairy. Most of the game best strategy, actually, would be not to find yourself without any fairy in your hand and having already used your Crest. The fairy of the wind is not overpowered at all, but of course should a situation like the one you described happen, it may seem. Knowing it, I am sure in your next game you won't end up using all your fairies too soon.

Plus: you can only bid once, and the player that explored the clearing bids last (so he can almost always choose if he wants to overbid the best bid so far or leave it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.