Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually bought this game some time ago but am just now going to start learning it. (So I have the orignal version/rules.)

Considering I have never played it before - should I just use the rulebook I have, or should I use the NEW rulebook? All other things equal, I would prefer to use the original rulebook since it is a physical copy.

Thanks

- SK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
sargonkid wrote:
I actually bought this game some time ago but am just now going to start learning it. (So I have the orignal version/rules.)

Considering I have never played it before - should I just use the rulebook I have, or should I use the NEW rulebook? All other things equal, I would prefer to use the original rulebook since it is a physical copy.

Thanks

- SK

The changes in the new rules are fairly small. You'll be fine learning from the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Lundberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are minor changes, but I felt they were making the game better. I only played once, and we played with the revised editions rules. Its not much, and its for the better. But as mentioned, you can learn the game with the normal rules, and read the small adjustments on FFG's website, like 1 or 2 pages with minor changes. Mostly: Setup is slightly different, heroes can move more often, the runes are scattered a bit differently and hexagon units are always counted in the tally strength step. Also some other stuff, but its not a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say just print out the revised rule sheet (one page) and have it handy. The changes are minor enough that you can easily decide which version you'd rather play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.