Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions about Odin's white stones:

1. When you swap stones via Baldr or a bonus token, can you take a white stone?

2. Can the bonus token used as a joker replace a white stone?

3. Can you take a white stone when using Odin's second favor spot?

I ask because the rules seem to indicate that the white stone is special, as it is not placed on the board next to Odin, but they are not explicit about it. Also, some actions seem a bit overpowered if they allow you to choose white, especially in a two-player game, where there is only one white stone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

the answer is yes to all the questions.

The management of the stones (as many other aspects of this game) is all about timing.

The main challenge is not how to obtain them, but when to obtain them.

If you think it is the right moment for supporting a God, you would need to plan which temple you would like to build, take the stones and spend them before someone else, inevitably, will take them from you.

So, it is true that there are lots of way to obtain them (request slots, Baldr power, population tiles) but, specially in a two-player game, too chose always the white stone could not be always the best choice.

You would need them only for the 7-points temple, that request also other 3 different stones.

So, you would need to take a white stone only shortly before to build the 7-point temple.

Yes, in a two-player game there is only one, so you could just take it in order to ruin the plans of your opponent, but, if you do not have a plan to use it yourself, the other player will take it back easily and you would have only wasted the occasion to take a more useful stone.

Hope this help
Mariano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Mariano! I understand it is all about timing, and my concern is that the two-player game may be a little too cut-throat for my usual opponents.

I infer that the placement of the white stones beside the board is only because Odin's favors don't give the players two stones, differently from the other gods. I just thought it might not be the sole reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.