Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a question that came up multiple times last night...

Order of play for players is as follows:
Play > Power > Draw

What if Tachyon plays a card during the "Play" phase that allows him to play an additional card during the "Play" phase? Does he get to play another card immediately before moving to the "Power" phase? Or does he have to wait until his next turn to take advantage of that effect?

Order of play for villain is as follows:
Start > Play > End

What if during the end of turn a new minion is played with an end of turn effect? Does that happen this turn or next turn?

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
areeves wrote:
What if Tachyon plays a card during the "Play" phase that allows him to play an additional card during the "Play" phase? Does he get to play another card immediately before moving to the "Power" phase? Or does he have to wait until his next turn to take advantage of that effect?

You get to play it immediately.

areeves wrote:
What if during the end of turn a new minion is played with an end of turn effect? Does that happen this turn or next turn?

As the 'end of turn' hasn't happened when you draw the minion this effect would trigger in this turn. Note that minions with 'start of turn' effects wouldn't trigger this turn as the 'start of turn' has happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify the 2nd question...

Let's say a card says "at the end of turn, shuffle the villain trash, reveal cards until you draw a minion. Put the minion in play." If that minion has an end of turn effect, it also triggers since you are still in the end of turn and you go through card effects in the order the cards were played.

(I've gotten this wrong at least once myself...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:
Just to clarify the 2nd question...

Let's say a card says "at the end of turn, shuffle the villain trash, reveal cards until you draw a minion. Put the minion in play." If that minion has an end of turn effect, it also triggers since you are still in the end of turn and you go through card effects in the order the cards were played.

(I've gotten this wrong at least once myself...)

Correct, it would activate. Anytime a card says to activate during a phase, it always activates then, even if it just came into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zap Riecken
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... here is a follow-up that we saw:

One-shot card was played (I think it was from Fanatic's deck) where it said something along the lines of "At the start of your turn..." so does that mean since I am playing a card that the "start of my turn" has already passed and I have to wait until next turn for the One-shot to take effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was not a one-shot, it was an ongoing.
It sticks around and happens every 'At the start of your turn'.

Edit: unless you have a misprinted card, as there's nothing like that in her deck, heck, in any deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's the card I'm thinking of from Fanatic's deck, it might actually say "At the start of each turn." Remember each hero has a turn, as does the environment and the villain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
areeves wrote:
What if Tachyon plays a card during the "Play" phase that allows her to play an additional card during the "Play" phase? Does she get to play another card immediately before moving to the "Power" phase? Or does she have to wait until her next turn to take advantage of that effect?

Fixed. Superheroes are not like dogs in French. They are not all male.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinful wrote:
Okay... here is a follow-up that we saw:

One-shot card was played (I think it was from Fanatic's deck) where it said something along the lines of "At the start of your turn..." so does that mean since I am playing a card that the "start of my turn" has already passed and I have to wait until next turn for the One-shot to take effect?

Correct. The start of the turn is just that. While most heroes don't have abilities that activate during the start and end turn phases (Unity is the main exception to this rule), they do have them. Thus, once you play a card it is already past the "start of turn" phase and you have to wait one round before it will activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
areeves wrote:
What if Tachyon plays a card during the "Play" phase that allows her to play an additional card during the "Play" phase? Does she get to play another card immediately before moving to the "Power" phase? Or does she have to wait until her next turn to take advantage of that effect?

Fixed. Superheroes are not like dogs in French. They are not all male.

My apologies! I didn't mean to offend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Youngblood
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was no reason for the correction to be as snarky as it was. A simple polite heads up was all that was required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
championstyle wrote:
There was no reason for the correction to be as snarky as it was. A simple polite heads up was all that was required.

You're quite right, it was sharper than necessary.
I wasn't offended as such. More ... bemused.

Out of curiousity, was it a mistake about the character's gender, or a reference to the player's gender?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
championstyle wrote:

Out of curiousity, was it a mistake about the character's gender, or a reference to the player's gender?

It was a reference to the players gender. I'll try to make that clearer next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
areeves wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
championstyle wrote:

It was a reference to the players gender. I'll try to make that clearer next time.

It's really not that big a deal. I overreacted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Wynn
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are awesome.
So polite! Kinda remind me of those gophers on Looney Tunes.
(that's a GOOD thing...not meant to be offensive! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.