Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I've been following Mage Wars for about a month now. Did a lot of research. Watched videos, read the rules, etc.

I'm going to bite the bullet next week and purchase the game. I've decided to purchase two core sets and two forcemaster vs warlord sets. I want there to be plenty of cards if people want to run the same mage or want multiple copies of a spell and it seemed this was a better choice for multiple copies of cards. That, coupled with the extra board for four player games.

Now, I noticed that there's a difference in cards if you buy 2 core sets vs 1 core set and the spell tomes. I was wondering if there was a way to somehow get these cards without purchasing a whole tome.

The cards I'd be looking for are:

Hand of Bim-Shalla
Purify
Regrowth Belt
Shift Enchantment

Ideally, I'd like a few more copies of Hand of Bim-Shalla. I feel it's a quintessential spell of the Priestess and I'd likely want four copies in my book. The core spell tomes only add one of the hands so it's a sticky situation.

TL;DR - I want more copies of a couple of cards. Is there a way to find them cheaper than buying a whole spell tome?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Guys Selling Cards:

http://twogsc.com/mage-wars.html

They've got a laundry list of singles.

Edit:

Including the specific ones you listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, this is extremely useful.

Go figure that they're out of Hand of Bim-shallah though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to solve this with proxies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto.

This is where the FFG LCG model doesn't seem so bad after all. With Mage Wars, it's almost impossible to get a full playset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
ditto.

This is where the FFG LCG model doesn't seem so bad after all. With Mage Wars, it's almost impossible to get a full playset.

The thing is, do you really want the 4 or 6 copies of every card? There are a ton of cards I know I won't be using that many of, not to mention others that will be used on wands lowering the number that I actually need.

There's also the fact that over in the MW forums, it was either the designer or a tester, said that there would be overlap with the core set with each mage, and though it will be as minimal as possible, they do want them playable on their own; that means that we will likely get even more copies of spells, for some likely well past a play set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
ditto.

I am a huge advocate for the LCG's. I love them and play all of them. However, as much as I love the distribution model, it suffers from a slow infusion of cards. After a few weeks of playing a core set when a new game is released, its a bit dull until new cards are released.

Mage Wars on the other hand already has a huge variety of cards and the options are staggering, for me at least.

Right now I am really enjoying the release model and don't feel like I absolutely need full play sets just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Edmond
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
GamerAtom wrote:
ditto.

The thing is, do you really want the 4 or 6 copies of every card? There are a ton of cards I know I won't be using that many of, not to mention others that will be used on wands lowering the number that I actually need.

There's also the fact that over in the MW forums, it was either the designer or a tester, said that there would be overlap with the core set with each mage, and though it will be as minimal as possible, they do want them playable on their own; that means that we will likely get even more copies of spells, for some likely well past a play set.

I bought two core sets right away being so happy with the game. I find that I rarely needed two, even building two tomes,(or decks, I like the word tome)Not that I regret buying two, I just really didnt need it. I have the habit of wanting a "full playset", but this game is a lot different then most games.It takes awhile to get out of that felling of needing playsets,but eventually you will learn that its just not necessary with this game,two of most cards will be all you want. I will say the only card that I wish I had more then two of is the dreaded Bim-shallah. That card is just so good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.