Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the Team Battle rules because I keep re-reading the line from the rulebook but can't quite wrap my head around it.

The rules say all players participating first total their Strength (to get the Team Strength). And then the players roll their usual dice and adds the highest roll to the Team Strength.

The way it is written leads me to think that you only add 1 dice roll to the Team Strength. The highest of all the players. Otherwise, wouldn't the rules just say everyone rolls as per usual and sum it all up?

But playing a 3 player Legend 2 (twice), with a Skral castle of Strength 30, it seems nearly impossible to for each player to earn enough gold to gain an average of 10 Strength.

Did we get something wrong? If the rules DO mean each player adds a separate dice to the Strength, why calculate the Team Strength? What am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be a bit confusing with the "Team Strength" being calculated first thing.

Just use every hero like you would in an individual battle, then add all their totals together. It's much easier than it is worded on the card. A case of being very specific to avoid confusion....which causes different confusion!

Turn order does still matter, because of the wizards ability to flip someone else's die, or the "push your luck" of someone with a bow, but those aspects are covered elsewhere in the rules. (I just wanted to mention it here to make sure the "everybody just do their own attack and add 'em up!" thing caused confusion with those powers.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menzel
msg tools
designer
Dear Jonathan

Team battle is very simular to a single battle except of the reward at the end. If the heroes lose, all of them lose the same value of willpoints. If they win, the gained reward has to be split of.

Team battle itselfs work like this:
1. A hero decides to use the action "fight" and invites another hero (or more).
2. Add the strength points of all participating heroes. This is a fix value that will remain the whole fight.
3. Then, starting by the player who invited the other ones, heroes roll their dice. Right after rolling the dice, a hero decides if he wants to use anything, like the potion of the witch for example or magical herbs, to increase his result. The wizards special ability has to be used right after a die has been rolled, he is not allowed to wait and watch what everybody rolled and then decide which die should be flipped.
4. Clockwise all particpating heroes roll their dice.
5. If the fight goes into the next round, then the hero who invited the others starts to roll his dice again.

Example:
Warrior with 2 StrP invites a wizard with 3 STrP. So they have a fix value of 5. Hero rolls a 4,3,2 and carrys a magical potion of the witch. The Wizard decides to flip the heroes 2 into a 5, so that the hero can use the potion on the "5" and gets a result of 10. He may add the stregth points, defined in the beginning, so now they have a value of 15. Now the wizards rolls his one die and has a 2. He is not allowed to use his special ability (because he used it for the warrior allready). So he adds 2 to the value of 15 = 17.
Now it's up to the creature.

OK?

kind regards
Micha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats perfect, thanks!

I've found Legend 2 and 3 much more enjoyable now. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.