Subject: Civic Improvement Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I have my little settlement of size 1 and add 1 mood token to it to make it happy and in theory it becomes a size 2 city which allows me to collect 2 resources.

All good so far...

What happens when I build a city piece to it?

Is the city still happy?

Quote from rule book "Increase the mood of a city one step by paying a number of mood tokens equal to the city's size"

So in theory my city is now size 2 and I need 2 mood tokens to make it happy.

So do I have to pay 1 more mood token to make it happy again or do I have to pay 2 tokens as it’s now a size 2 , I'm confused , please help .

I'm sure I'm being a little dumb here and missing something simple but I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian L
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Once it's happy, it's happy. If you decide to activate it multiple times, or if your city gets unhappy due to events, then you will have to pay 1 token per city size to get it happy again.

I believe Christian mentioned in a thread somewhere that the upkeep of happiness was excluded for streamlining purposes; I believe it works very well like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Abel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
It's cheaper to make a size 1 city happy (1 token) than a size 2 (2 tokens). Once happy it stays happy until some action or event changes that (i.e overwork them, barbarians attack, famine, etc.). Growing your city doen't change its happiness level (unless you activated it multiple times this turn to do so).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew it was something simple , thank you so much , I got it now.

So in theory if you increased your city to size 5 and still had the happy token attached , you could take 6 resources during a collect resource action?

Thankyou for answering so quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jace_Ace wrote:
I knew it was something simple , thank you so much , I got it now.

So in theory if you increased your city to size 5 and still had the happy token attached , you could take 6 resources during a collect resource action?

Thankyou for answering so quickly.

Correct, assuming you had 6 usable terrain tiles around the city and/or advances that allow you to harvest from farther away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thompson
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Speedyox wrote:
Correct, assuming you had 6 usable terrain tiles around the city and/or advances that allow you to harvest from farther away.

Strictly, in or around the city. The city can always harvest its own space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.