Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Schelchshorn
Germany
Schlüsselfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

can a winner of a battle regroup to an unfinished battle (as reinforcements there in combat round 2)?

thx in advance,
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes - I believe this is true as long as road limits (4/2) are upheld. I know the rules specifically mention, a regroup can join friendly units besieging a city as reinforcements. It doesn't say anything about a field battle but I assume its true for that as well.

Merv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hutchinson
New Zealand
Waitakere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shake I disagree. A regroup allows you to move units to "an adjacent and friendly town". Moving to a town with an as yet unresolved battle is to move to an unfriendly town, as enemy units are present. The reason you can regroup to a town under siege is that for movement purposes the town is considered friendly to the besieger, and thereafter you can participate in any storming that occurs (the possibiltiy of storming being only the potential for battle rather than an actual unresolved battle at that location at the time you move by regroup).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not allowed to regroup to a not yet resolved Field battle.

You can regroup to a town where you are the besieger as the town "for all movement purposes" is considered friendly to the besieger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.