Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a bit of additional clarity, I'm going to use turn to indicate the overall game turn (Market phase, move planning, movement, upkeeep, production) and phase to indicate the 4 individual move/action phases during the movement part of the turn.

from the rulebook:
Quote:
Note: It never matters which way your Airship is pointing when your turn
begins; you may swivel it however you like before you actually move it.
Each turn’s flight (and its concerns regarding sharp turns) is considered
separate from the previous turn’s flight.

I missed this on my first read through. Does this mean that at the end of each player's move phase, the airship can be re-oriented in any direction? This seems to almost negate the necessity to plan to much, and really seems to lower the value of Clint Skycastle's ability, except very late in the game when high move cards might be played.

I think we just misplayed this, but I want to clarify:
- A player may only unload/load goods at their own depot? (I think we allowed players to unload at other depots, but only if they could ship immediately.)
- Players can ship from one of their depots to another if they don't have the train range to make a delivery?
- Eva Blane's special move ability allows her to ship multiple types of goods (so her normal action could be to ship 3 chemicals to a city, and her free action would be to only ship a single food to another, from the same depot)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:
For a bit of additional clarity, I'm going to use turn to indicate the overall game turn (Market phase, move planning, movement, upkeeep, production) and phase to indicate the 4 individual move/action phases during the movement part of the turn.

from the rulebook:
Quote:
Note:[b] It never matters which way your Airship is pointing when your turn
begins; you may swivel it however you like before you actually move it.
Each turn’s flight (and its concerns regarding sharp turns) is considered
separate from the previous turn’s flight.

I missed this on my first read through. Does this mean that at the end of each player's move phase, the airship can be re-oriented in any direction? This seems to almost negate the necessity to plan to much, and really seems to lower the value of Clint Skycastle's ability, except very late in the game when high move cards might be played.

I think we just misplayed this, but I want to clarify:
- A player may only [b]unload/load
goods at their own depot? (I think we allowed players to unload at other depots, but only if they could ship immediately.)
- Players can ship from one of their depots to another if they don't have the train range to make a delivery?
- Eva Blane's special move ability allows her to ship multiple types of goods (so her normal action could be to ship 3 chemicals to a city, and her free action would be to only ship a single food to another, from the same depot)?

Between each phase, you are able to orient your ship. You still do need to plan - because when you move, you can only make wide turns - but this does allow you to alter your plan if you need to.

You can only load/unload at your own depots.

You can ship from one Depot to another if you cannot complete a delivery, but you must have enough train to get to that dept.

Blane ability: yes, the single good can be of a different color. You got it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget the Action to adjust your ship one space and then Load/Unload as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
And don't forget the Action to adjust your ship one space and then Load/Unload as well.

Thanks for mentioning this. Does this mean, one could move the airship, pick up goods, use the relocation action, and drop the goods at a depot (assuming it is one hex from a factory)?

It seems the basic reading of the rules would indicate that's the case, but it seems a bit against the spirit of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. You are using your Action to do the Adjustment instead of an improvement, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is permissible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Thanks for mentioning this. Does this mean, one could move the airship, pick up goods, use the relocation action, and drop the goods at a depot (assuming it is one hex from a factory)?

It seems the basic reading of the rules would indicate that's the case, but it seems a bit against the spirit of the game.

Yes, you can do that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rodrigues
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:

FYI, the rulebook actually does a good job to define each segment of gameplay, calling out each one in italics:

5 Rounds: What you called a turn
5 Phases: What you listed in parentheses
4 Cycles: What you called a phase
X Turns: Each player's individual Movement & Action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.