United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see it on Hasbro's site.

http://www.hasbro.com/heroscape/default.cfm?page=character-n...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!

Some nice abilities in there. The Cyberclaw looks interesting, as does the Super Enhanced Sniper attack. Looks like there are going to be TWO sets of Heros though. Wonder if Hasbro has figured out yet that people want a LOT more of the commons than they do of the Heros. I noticed Funagain was selling off the Heros to one of the sets at a sale price, and I ALWAYS see extra hero boxes when I'm in stores...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I also dig the experience ability of the Samurai, and the cheap cowboy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
and finaly more elves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Sudema is the only undead character in this wave, what do think will be in wave 5?

With four cowboy heroes I could recreate the finale of The Wild Bunch, where 4 desperados take on 200 Mexican soldiers 21 Grut Blades and Bows inside their own fort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, archers and a wizard is pretty cool. It would be awesome to see some melee units for a light footed freinds soon.

I was hoping for a gorilla champion too. They could use somebody to make them a bit better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Since Sudema is the only undead character in this wave, what do think will be in wave 5?

With four cowboy heroes I could recreate the finale of The Wild Bunch, where 4 desperados take on 200 Mexican soldiers 21 Grut Blades and Bows inside their own fort.

I could see some other undead. I would dig some other mythological creatures like Griffons, Chimeras, Minotaurs and Centaurs. Also some other historical soldiers would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pelkey
United States
Wallkill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see some more "gunpowder" era soldiers as well. American Civil War, or Zulu War British would be cool.

I was telling a (computer) wargamer about HS, and showed him the Airborne Elite and 4th Mass. "Are there Germans?" was his first question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I would like to see more 'historical' units.

as a matter of fact, I'm looking to trade my fantasy units for historical ones, if anyone is interested.

Atomlad wrote:
I would like to see some more "gunpowder" era soldiers as well. American Civil War, or Zulu War British would be cool.

I was telling a (computer) wargamer about HS, and showed him the Airborne Elite and 10th Mass. "Are there Germans?" was his first question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Dead Eye Dan is going to be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
SQUADS:

ARMOC VIPERS
ULLAR / VIPERS / COMMON SQUAD / PROTECTORS / RELENTLESS
MEDIUM 5 / M: 7 / R: 1 / A: 3 / D: 3 / L: 1 / 65 POINTS
ULLAR WARLORD BONDING: Before taking a turn with Armoc Vipers, you may first take a turn with any Warlord you control who follows Ullar.
SLITHER: Armoc Vipers do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces.

AUBRIEN ARCHERS
ULLAR / ELF / COMMON SQUAD / ARCHERS /PRECISE
MEDIUM 4 / M: 5 / R: 7 / A: 2 / D: 2 / L: 1 / 70 POINTS
FRENZY: After you take a turn with Aubrien Archers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Aubrien Archers.

SACRED BAND
EINAR / HUMAN / COMMON SQUAD / SOLDIERS / DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5 / M: 4 / R: 1 / A: 4 / D: 2 / L: 1 / 50 POINTS
EINAR WARLORD BONDING: Before taking a turn with Sacred Band, you may first take a turn with any Warlord you control who follows Einar.
DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS: If every Army Card you control has a disciplined personality, each soldier in the Sacred Band receives 1 additional defense die.

TAGAWA SAMURAI
EINAR / HUMAN / UNIQUE SQUAD / SAMURAI / DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5 / M: 6 /R: 1 / A: 3 / D: 5 / L: 1 / 120 POINTS
COUNTER STIKE: When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. This power does not work against other Samurai.
BLOODLUST: For every opponent's figure a Tagawa Samurai destroys, place a purple Experience Marker on this card. When attacking with Tagawa Samurai, roll one additional attack die for each Experience Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Experience Markers can be placed on this card.

HEROES:

DEADEYE DAN
ULLAR / HUMAN / UNIQUE HERO / SNIPER / PRECISE
MEDIUM 5 / M: 5 / R: 1 / A: 1 / D: 2 / L: 3 / 60 POINTS
ULLAR ENHANCED RIFLE SPECIAL ATTACK: (R: 10 / A: 1) Choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure to attack. The chosen figure cannot roll defense dice when attacked by Deadeye Dan's Ulllar Enhanced Rifle Special Attack. Deadeye Dan may not use this special attack if he moved this turned.
SHARPSHOOTER: Instead of attacking, you may choose any non-adjacent figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Deadeye Dan. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or 10, the chosen figure is destroyed. If you roll a 1-18, you missed. Deadeye Dan may not use this special power if he moved this turn.

MAJOR X17
VYDAR / SOULBORG / UNIQUE HERO / MAJOR / DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5 / M: 5 / R: 1 / A: 4 / D: 3 / L: 5 / 100 POINTS
IMPROVED CYBERCLAW: All small, medium or large opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Major X17 may not move. Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on and Army Card or Glyph.
MELEE DEFENSE 4: When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, Major X17 adds 4 dice.

MORSBANE
ULLAR / ELF / UNIQUE HERO / WIZARD / TRICKY
MEDIUM 5 / M: 5 / R: 1 / A: 3 / D: 2 / L: 6 / 100 POINTS
ROD OF NEGATION: Start he game with 3 brown Negation Markers on this card. At the end of the turn, if you have at least 1 Negation Marker on this card, you may choose any opponent's unique figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Morsbane. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16-19, place a Negation Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. All of that figure's special powers are negated for the entire game. If you roll a 20, destroy the chosen figure.

PARMENIO
EINAR / HUMAN / UNIQUE HERO / WARLORD / DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5 / M: 5 / R: 1 / A: 3 / D: 3 / L: 5 / 90 POINTS
DISCIPLINED INFLUENCE: At the start of the game, you may choose any unique Army Card you control. For this game the chosen card's personality is disciplined, regardless of what is listed on the card.
SACRED BAND DEFY DEATH 15: When an adjacent Sacred Band figure receives one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure, If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.

SUDEMA
VYDAR / UNDEAD / UNIQUE HERO / QUEEN / WILD
MEDIUM 5 / M: 5 / R: 1 / A: 2 / D: 3 / L: 4 / 140 POINTS
STARE OF STONE: Instead of attacking, choose any figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Sudema. Roll the 20-sided die. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure and you roll a 7 or higher, destroy it. If the chosen figure if a Hero figure and you roll a 17 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.

VALGUARD
EINAR / HUMAN / UNIQUE HERO / WARLORD / WILD
MEDIUM 5 / M: 5 / R: 1 / A: 2 / D: 4 / L: 7 / 110 POINTS
FIRST ASSAULT 3: When attacking with Valguard, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Valguard at the start of this turn, Valguard received 3 additional attack dice. BERSERKER CHARGE ENHANCEMENT: Add 1 to your die roll when you roll for the Berserker Charge power on any Army Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
So we have 6 Unique heroes, 1 Unique squad, and 3 Common squads. I sure hope this is released as three sets - one with all the commons, one with five heroes, and 1 with one hero and a squad.

Who wants to bet that the Samurai will get packaged together with a common squad? yuk

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The stats posted above are missing:

The Vydar common squad, Gladiatrons

Einar unique hero, Guilty McCreech

Vydar unique hero, James Murphy

===

13 total new units, either squads or heroes.

See my stats pages (at my site in my profile) if you'd like to play test these cool units till the real deal hits the shelves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the numerical ordering of the units they will likely be:

Unique Heroes set 1 (Sudema, Major X17, Parmenio, Valguard, Morsbane)

Unique set 2 (3 cowboys, 3 Samurai)

Common set 3 (Sacred Band(x4) + Archers(x3))

Common set 4 (Gladiatrons (x4) + Armoc Vipers (x3))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:

That sounds better And it'll cost me less than having three sets of commons and one set of uniques

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the way it goes down, I'll buy 1 each of set 1, 2, and 4. And 2 of set 3.

I'm a sucker for the cowboys and the semi-historical types. Less interested in sci-fi and blatant fantasy types.

I wish there were some human mounted types like Alexander and his Royal Companion Cavalry. Give them a charge bonus or something.

Or J.E.B. Stuart + Rebel Cavalry with guns and sabers.

Mounted French Knights,a common squad, Impulsive: must attack the nearest enemy within LOS, if path is blocked by friendly units the Knights ride right over them.

A hero on an Armored Elephant?

Quote:
I was telling a (computer) wargamer about HS, and showed him the Airborne Elite and 4th Mass. "Are there Germans?" was his first question.

Tell him the next expansion is rumored to include Col. Joachim Peiper and a unique squad of SS Panzergrenadiers. Or better yet, Otto Skorzeny and his Kommandos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:

Yeah, I am pretty sure that will be the packaging. It makes the most sense. I can't wait to see them in the stores. I wish it would say when we can expect to see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
The stats posted above are missing:

The Vydar common squad, Gladiatrons

Einar unique hero, Guilty McCreech

Vydar unique hero, James Murphy

Dang, thought I'd got them all.

GLADIATRONS
VYDAR / SOULBORGS / COMMON SQUAD / HUNTERS / DISCIPLINED
MEDIUM 5 / M:5 / R: 1 / A:2 / D: 3 / 80 POINTS
Cyberclaw: All small or medium opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to any Gladiatron may not move. Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.
Melee Defense 1: When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, a Gladiatron adds 1 die.

GUILTY MC CREECH
EINAR / HUMAN / UNIQUE HERO / LAWMAN / WILD
MEDIUM 4 / M:5 / R:7 / A:2 / D:2 / L:2 / 30 POINTS
Double Attack: When Guilty McCreech attacks, he may attack one additional time.

JAMES MURPHY
VYDAR / HUMAN / UNIQUE HERO / LAWMAN / DISCIPLINED
Medium 4 / M:5 / R:7 / A:2 / D:2 / 75 POINTS
Shotgun Blast Special Attack: Range 5. Attack 3. Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figures are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. James only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. James cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.
Whip 12: After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure adjacent to James. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice if attacked by James this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pelkey
United States
Wallkill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking- the Sacred Band of Thebes was a unit composed of older veterans paired with adolescent companions who had a really close relationship. I'm sure it won't be part of the fluff, but it seems like a controversial choice for a unit name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this is a game that is enjoyed by both young and old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomlad wrote:
I was just thinking- the Sacred Band of Thebes was a unit composed of older veterans paired with adolescent companions who had a really close relationship. I'm sure it won't be part of the fluff, but it seems like a controversial choice for a unit name.

These aren't the same guys, though I agree that the name selected should of been different though. The Thebian Sacred Band was an enemy of the Macedonians, of which Parmenio was a general. His Sacred Band is his personal army..... We had a big discussion about this on HSHQ......

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:

I think they might make Zombies that have the special ability, "Brain Munch: When a zombie destroys a figure, you can bring back a destroyed zombie" It would be pretty cool to get zombies, though, I completly made that up, so they probably won't make it. Watch them brains!zombie zombiezombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine von Hoffman
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I was hoping for a gorilla champion too. They could use somebody to make them a bit better.

And besides ... A gorilla leader would be cool!!!
No dragons in this wave, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zman44 wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

I think they might make Zombies that have the special ability, "Brain Munch: When a zombie destroys a figure, you can bring back a destroyed zombie" It would be pretty cool to get zombies, though, I completly made that up, so they probably won't make it. Watch them brains!zombie zombiezombie

There is a scenario kind of like this that Hasbro did with Knights of the Dinner Table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know what the rough street date for this expansion will be?

cheers,
tensider

Edit - N/M, it's "February/March" cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.