• [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tower
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like John's card but curious what happens if he gets 2 of the same types of madness cards, is he still not devoured? Really like his custom items as well and could see using him in a game.

The Dick Tracy card seems OK, but his skill ability is confusing. He draws 4 skill cards to start but then it says he can never have more than one skill card. Did you mean after he has spent 3 of his initial skill cards then he can't have more than one?

Always love to see custom cards, please share more when/if you make anymore.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good question. Does he just have to live with both copies of a given madness or injury? That would suck a lot for some, not matter for others.
Perhaps it would be best to specify that he discards and redraws?

Veteran does indeed seem confusing. Maybe it would be clearer to say that he gets 4 skills, then in setup he puts a Clue token on each and any time he uses a marked skill, he discards that skill if he has 2 or more marked skills. If he only has 1 marked skill, he removes the clue token.
That also removes the ugly side-effect of him not being able to properly gain skills from tomes or encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If John can never be devoured then wouldn't he be able to steamroll over all AOs except for Azathoth? He'd never lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n107 wrote:
If John can never be devoured then wouldn't he be able to steamroll over all AOs except for Azathoth? He'd never lose.

That's ... an excellent point. So maybe it needs a "if the Ancient One awakens, John loses this ability"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gulde
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply Steve. I am still trying to Iron these out but yes, he can get another Madness card but not be devoured.

You have the concept correct for Tracy but I just need the wording right.

I have two more I created that I need to post on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gulde
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Actually, John couldn't have the same Madness card because that is a card that I created specifically for him. It's to play into his character. He smokes like 30 cigs a day. This makes him "buy" a pack of cigs a day or he loses some sanity. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gulde
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools

Here are the other two I am working on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GavinLee wrote:
Actually, John couldn't have the same Madness card because that is a card that I created specifically for him. It's to play into his character. He smokes like 30 cigs a day. This makes him "buy" a pack of cigs a day or he loses some sanity. lol

He couldn't get the same as this one, but he could get 2 New ones and happen to draw the same one twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johan rosenblad
Sweden
malmoe
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what its worth - and sorry for sounding negative (I really like these guys and their perks and traits) - but personally I do not like famous names on investigator sheets. It sort of brake lore and remove the pleasure of exploring and evolving your character during game.
But, as I said, it's just my personal opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slegyras wrote:
For what its worth - and sorry for sounding negative (I really like these guys and their perks and traits) - but personally I do not like famous names on investigator sheets. It sort of brake lore and remove the pleasure of exploring and evolving your character during game.
But, as I said, it's just my personal opinion.

I rather agree with you. I would much prefer to see non-famous names used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Fool
Canada
flag msg tools
I really like John Constantine's bad habit/addiction to the cigarette and the effect when he can't buy them.

Great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.