Kings of Air and Steam» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bishop Kingston's Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greyeyes Shatterheart
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
For his Demand COntrol ability, it states that instead of placing all of the goods on a city, you can put one back into the supply (with other goods reaching the city, presumably)

Would this allow him to say, ship five goods to a city with only four slots, with the fifth good "disappearing" as the other four fulfill the city's demand?

Or is it more like ship four to the city, only filling three remaining slots, thus leaving one lonely slot to force someone to use a less-than-optimal action to ship only one good to fulfill the demand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's both from my understanding. I believe it works either way, so you can both get paid for the extra Good if the slot isn't open for it, or keep the City from getting fulfilled leaving an extra spot open. Depends on the circumstances of the City's demand and what you deliver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's correct. We played it as being possibly both. The player with that character actually used it to good advantage to force other players to ship through his route a couple of times instead of wasting an action shipping a single good. That's where Ava's special move ability could be nice to counteract it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
It's both from my understanding. I believe it works either way, so you can both get paid for the extra Good if the slot isn't open for it, or keep the City from getting fulfilled leaving an extra spot open. Depends on the circumstances of the City's demand and what you deliver.

Yup, that's correct. You can keep a city open for longer by leaving an extra slot open, or you can get paid for an extra good that doesn't have a slot open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rodrigues
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious about this myself. The rules say "the City must have enough empty slots to accept the number of Goods in your shipment," while Kingston's power says "...return 1 of the Goods in your shipment" implying the extra good is still part of his shipment. Given that, I assumed it was still subject to the city shipment rule.

Good to hear otherwise, though. This certainly makes the power much more flexible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrr060 wrote:
I was curious about this myself. The rules say "the City must have enough empty slots to accept the number of Goods in your shipment," while Kingston's power says "...return 1 of the Goods in your shipment" implying the extra good is still part of his shipment. Given that, I assumed it was still subject to the city shipment rule.

Good to hear otherwise, though. This certainly makes the power much more flexible.

Indeed, some of the abilities sort of break the rules, and it's not easy to cover every case with 2 lines of text

We will make note of this and if we ever create a FAQ, it'll go in there.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.