Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son started taking games off the shelf a few months ago and demanding to play with them. To date, choochoogame (TTR) had been his favorite, then Tongiaki (which I taught him to say), and Camel Game (TTD). Friday he pulled Gulo Gulo of the shelf and made a mess with it. Yesterday I showed him how to take eggs out of the bowl (mostly to stop him from drumming with the alarm stick. Today we laid out 10 yard tiles and played three times... more or less.

Two of them ended with an egg hunt on the floor after he dumped the bowl, but the second game, his attention span held and he beat me to little Gulo.

Next time, I ain't telling him which color to pick. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the exact reason I want this game. I have a four and a half month old, and as soon as I'm certain he won't try to put the pieces in his mouth and swallow them, I want to start teaching him geekdo. Gulo Gulo is at the top of my list along with Chicken-Cha-Cha-Cha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife (mostly non-game-playing) asked last weekend if I wanted to get out Gulo Gulo to play with my 18-month-old daughter. As much as I am excited to play with her, I am less excited to play "find all the eggs that just rolled across the floor as she throws the nest with glee". Soon enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trust me, it won't be long before those nimble little fingers are plucking eggs out of the bowl that you'd find impossible to get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did win the rematch. I'd better run up the score before he learns not to take egg directly on top of the stick.
[Edit: it took two months, but he's finally figured out not to take that egg. My winning percentage is dropping fast!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
This is the exact reason I want this game. I have a four and a half month old, and as soon as I'm certain he won't try to put the pieces in his mouth and swallow them, I want to start teaching him geekdo. Gulo Gulo is at the top of my list along with Chicken-Cha-Cha-Cha.

In the meantime, you can glue a weight to the end of a bamboo skewer, and put it in a bowl of peanut M&M's. Then it doesn't matter if he eats them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
United States
California
flag msg tools
My 21 month old and I have played chicken cha cha cha twice now. It pretty much involves him putting the feathers in the chickens and pounding the chickens on the table. I setup the circle of egg cards and he swipes them onto the floor. All in all, we are off to a good start!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick update:
Two months later, and not yet 2 1/2, he's now demanding to Rescue Baby Gudo several times a day. Yesterday, we used it as a bonding exercise with his new babysitter, and he got through four games in a row (and the babysitter has his approval!)

Thus far, I'd left out 1/3 of the yard tiles and played without a final stack of five tiles, but we just played our first full game. I called it the "long path." He says he likes the short path better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.