Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey we are trying to figure what we are doing wrong.

We always bury a tile if we buy s standard tile or if we invest in a tile.

We are thinking that we are doing Every tiles incorrectly or the each turn tile incorrectly.

Please Help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
No, I can't get you Stamps.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you lowering your income and reputation when you cross a red line on the population chart?

What do you mean by "each turn" tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you remembering to lower your income and reputation by one each time you cross a red line?

Are you increasing your income and reputation every turn from a tile that increases them? Because that would be wrong: you only get those increases on the turn that you first purchase the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Griep
United States
North Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure that, when checking other tiles for effects based on the placed tile, you are only applying the incremental effect.

e.g. A Power Station provides +1 income for each yellow tile, not +1 income for each yellow tile every time you place a yellow tile. So, when you place a yellow tile after placing the Power Station, only apply the incremental +1 income.

See this thread for a fuller example, but this error is a common source of point inflation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you pay the full amount to invest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aree you remembering to remove some tiles from the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game and got 147 or so, and my opponent got 167. We followed all of the rules people have mentioned. If I'd known what I was doing I could have got past 150 as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
Aree you remembering to remove some tiles from the game?

Yes, I mistakenly set up a game and forgot to do that. It was my first 4p game... so I mistakenly assumed all tiles. we realized before we got to the Bs and adjusted that stack.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the time you reach about 100 points, you should be crossing multiple red lines every turn. That means you would be losing several reptuation and income levels each turn. Could you describe your main sources of reputation points and how you were replenishing the losses from crossing red lines each turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found out that I was playing Every Tiles wrong.

We were triggering them each turn as if we just played the tile. For example we would collect income from the Home Owner's Association as if we just played it, and not collect the two dollars for any green tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.