Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hello!

A couple questions regarding Wargames club store:

1) Is the price they have online the same as their in-store price?

2) if I place an online order can I do a local in store pickup?

Their pricing is getting pretty competitive to the US Stores. It's time for them to take my money!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... it use to be that the online US prices + shipping is usually about %20-25 cheaper than the Wargames Store, but as a member you get %10 off and on top of that and you get stamps on a voucher card that takes a few more % off.... So it used to be it was cheaper online.

BUT

Since the recent shipping price hikes from USPS, the current stock at the Wargame store should be cheaper than those in the US or near so.

BUT

I suspect that they will adjust their prices when new games come.

As for your 2nd question:

Yes, You can order/preorder games through them directly for a %15 discount (from memory) and pick up at their store. I preordered the ORGE kickstarter through them.

3) If the price difference isn't much, I rather support the local brick and mortar if I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Currently my shopping cart in CSI have around 5 big box games and the shipping comes to approx $120.

Granted they are heavy but still $25 a game really adds up, and we are talking about a larget order here.

Interesting fact: Just buying 1 magic card the shipping to HK comes to $35.

Anyway thanks for the quick reply Eric. Time to make a trip to WG at Mong kok!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Le
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful, the prices on the online store and physical store are not the same. They are currently running a significant sale online, but you can not get the same price if you go to the store.

Also even if you chose in store pick up for your online order, you still have to pay the shipment fee (which is not much for hk anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Kong Wargamer
msg tools
badge
http://www.hongkongwargamer.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, just so you know : I was in the store about a week ago and Sally (woman behind the counter) said you can buy the same combos as required online and get the same online sale savings.

Not sure if it's still valid as the sales should close soon, but ask about it!

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larson
Hong Kong
Discovery Bay
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
To find your true identity within the will of Tze Yo Tzuh...that is the highest of all freedoms.
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for that.

Are they moving? The English translated site mentions "eviction" with the sale prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ho hin Szeto
msg tools
I just checked the wargames club store online prices and find them quite attractive. I am wandering their online purchase services are safe to use? Or if I approach their physical store in tsuen wang, are the prices very more expensive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chung Chit Hang
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't think they have a physical store anymore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sutcliffe89 wrote:
I just checked the wargames club store online prices and find them quite attractive. I am wandering their online purchase services are safe to use? Or if I approach their physical store in tsuen wang, are the prices very more expensive?

What I usually do is make an order online and call them up to confirm the order is correct. I've not had an issue with them before.

But I've never dealt with them post-store-closure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ho hin Szeto
msg tools
Thanks for the information. I will only be in Hong Kong for a short period of time to visit relatives, so i am not sure how wargame clubs work..I read some posts that they previously had a shop in Mong Kok and its quite pricey and stuff.

So from what i understand, now they only have an online shop just like siumui.com? And i assume the pickup point they mention is a warehouse sort of place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Mongkok store of Wargames club has been closed. I think you need to go to their store in Tsuen Wan.

For siumuigames.com, you can go to their store in Lai Chi Kok (close to MTR station) but you need to pay attention on their opening time. The store is small but is full of games there and you can pick and watch. Also the owner is nice to talk. I always go there to browse their new games, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ho hin Szeto
msg tools
Just bought stuff from them, service was quite fast and good. They called me next day regarding the order collection.But u have to pay hkd$50 for delivery(Hong Kong)if u dun wAn to collect item from their warehouse in tsuen wan. And the spot is quite out of the way but I got the games I want at a much cheaper price than siu mui
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chung Chit Hang
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is amazing you can find instock games, their website is quite useless (IMHO)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larson
Hong Kong
Discovery Bay
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
To find your true identity within the will of Tze Yo Tzuh...that is the highest of all freedoms.
mbmbmbmb
littlegorgor wrote:
it is amazing you can find instock games, their website is quite useless (IMHO)

Yup. I thought I had the system figured out, but I'm still waiting on three games that are on order. Just "on order" but no indication when they'll come in. This I do not like. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ho hin Szeto
msg tools
Maybe it's because I was looking for English games, anyway when I placed the order, there is stock avaliable shown on website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.