Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Or, more generally, how do the card interactions work when one would limit an ability (Turret says you cannot draw a card, but can play a power) and another says you can do something (Initialize is a power that lets you draw a card)? Can you use the power to overcome the ongoing effect, or does it always limit drawing. I think I saw something similar on another set of cards, but this was the one getting in our way tonight...

Also, my apologies if this was already answered - I searched around and could not find it in the forums.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryo Akashi

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The restriction trumps. You will not be able to draw cards, period. The exception is Ammo Drop, which specifically allows you to draw during Turret Mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryo_akashi wrote:
The restriction trumps. You will not be able to draw cards, period. The exception is Ammo Drop, which specifically allows you to draw during Turret Mode.

Thanks! That helps a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
The general rule of thumb with Sentinels is to read the card text as literally as possible. If Turret Mode says you cannot draw cards, you cannot draw cards, period (Ammo Drop specifically overrides that). Now, if Turret Mode instead said to skip the draw phase of your turn, then you would be freely able to utilize other ways to draw cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:
The general rule of thumb with Sentinels is to read the card text as literally as possible.

Gotcha. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.