Popular Tags: [View All]
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question raised by the main designer in order to increase revenues to fuel a mobile app : Can ST team grant accees to KS rewards to new pre-orders made between now and China manufacturing completion ?

Knowing the complete overhaul the game went through, I am not even sure what rewards are still valid and what ST team would like to offer for pre-orders.

are they asking about specific pledge levels ? or specific stretch rewards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Chris was referring to the rewards, not the pledge levels.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then which rewards ? coz it seems to me some are obsolete now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched the video, and apparently they are talking about KS rewards. My initial inclination is that I am definitely against this for a couple reasons. First, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a KS campaign and offering rewards that are initially advertised as "KS exlcusives", only to have those later opened to anyone else. (I just think it sets a bad precedent for the whole KS process.) Second, this has been the most delayed KS project I have backed (out of 18 so far). I paid my money back in May 2012, and I have seen nothing to show for it so far. Letting other folks jump in at the last minute just adds insult to injury at this point. At least I would have had the KS rewards to show for my interest-free loan I gave them. But if those go away...

Just my two cents' worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They already have a pre-order system going on, so what to do with people who ordered this way already ?
And what could stop them to give different rewards to new preorders ?
I have no idea how Christopher thinks he could get a few more thousands people pre-order within 2 months, just because of a few rewards which ultimately are not really exciting:
- few avak'shar (which dont' know yet the value or how it is going to work)
- few extra cards (which are completely obsolete by the way and need to be redesigned)
- founder's codex (which we had to pay for)
- what else did I miss ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sekelaa wrote:
I just watched the video, and apparently they are talking about KS rewards. My initial inclination is that I am definitely against this for a couple reasons. First, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a KS campaign and offering rewards that are initially advertised as "KS exlcusives", only to have those later opened to anyone else. (I just think it sets a bad precedent for the whole KS process.) Second, this has been the most delayed KS project I have backed (out of 18 so far). I paid my money back in May 2012, and I have seen nothing to show for it so far. Letting other folks jump in at the last minute just adds insult to injury at this point. At least I would have had the KS rewards to show for my interest-free loan I gave them. But if those go away...

Just my two cents' worth.

I hate to be a scrooge, but I have similar thoughts.
I just went through a similar thing with an Indiegogo campaign. I received my game in the mail a month after my local game store and online stores received the game. To make matters worse, my total cost was shipping was way more than what it would cost through an online store and even more than it cost at my local store with tax. My thought was what was the benefit of supporting this months ago if I got it later and paid more. In this case, I will have paid my money a year before I received it and have nothing extra to show for it. The only way this would not completely rub salt into the wound is if the pre-orders were charging significantly more for the item. If they were paying the same price, then it completely defeats the purpose of backing a project vs waiting. I'm already concerned because I paid for a number of extras, none of which are mentioned in the video so I'm wondering when I will see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have particularly strong feelings on this subject (and I'm in for $125 plus a pair of codices). It doesn't bother me personally to open up rewards for the limited window they're talking about, but I can certainly appreciate the arguments of those who are opposed.

At this point, I'm just happy to know we'll still be getting a completed game. This was my first and perhaps last KS endeavor, and I'm still not sure what to expect. Chris strikes me as a very charismatic, intelligent, and passionate designer (though I think his idea of picking up 2000 more backers is crazy-talk) who has managed to (for now) convince me that this is worth waiting for. I'm certainly more skeptical now that this game will catch on, but I'm also so intrigued by its concept and its physical components that--in a perverse sort of way--the delayed production has been a strange but pleasant trip.

That the project would be delayed six months seems pretty understandable considering this crew was venturing into new territory (which they were pretty straightforward about from the beginning as far as I remember). Even companies like FFG have these kinds of delays (Star Wars LCG anyone?) and they have ridiculous amounts of experience.

So in a weird sort of way, everything has happened in a way I sort of expected, but in the end I have no idea what to expect--if that makes any sense at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am not that fussed about open up to new backers because as mentioned in this thread, there is very little press for this game. I don't see an issue to it on a whole.

Upon saying all that I do feel that what they are trying to do is more cloaked in 'Chris-speak' as the subtext message I am getting is that they are run out of cash and are trying to find a way to plug the short fall.

If this is not the case then I would be happy for the game's order to be placed and for it to ship asap. If they want to do a secondary KS to fund an app. please do so once the game has Gone Cardboard and people are actually playing it.

Does anyone know if this game is going to be channelled into stores and other game card venues? If not then I don't see this game gain traction as fast as it would deserve due to lack of exposure.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not concerned about special KS rewards (in for ~$100)...never really understood the appeal unless one is planning on capitalizing on the specialness by cashing in on Ebay. Have at it, I say...this concerns me more.

Final arrival in MAY(be)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Savage
United Kingdom
Whitwell
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quite simply no they shouldn't give KS rewards to non-KS backers.

KS trades on a mix of good will, community spirit and shiny (but not very costly) extras as a thank you.

Within 24 hours of getting the money the publishers began their rapid and comprehensive changing of the deal that was agreed on with backers and the game itself meanwhile communication turned from 'start-up business taking to investors' into 'we all love role-playing games' then finally stopped all together.

Fun though it would be I'm not just using this as an excuse to vent. My point is that I feel backers have been systematically misled, pumped for money and then ignored. I backed the KS for three reasons: The game itself; to give a chance to a new company with a great idea and to get in early and get a couple of cool extras for my trouble. If the game hadn't been rewritten,changed and delayed and if the company had been cool to deal with I probably would hardly have cared about the few spare cards.

As it is I feel like the only thing I have left for my trouble of backing this game is the few odds and ends that were thrown in as a thank you. So can you now take away their exclusivity? Hell no.

I've been pissed off for a while now but I think I've now moved firmly into the 'will never deal with this bunch of twats again' camp and I suspect I'm not the only one. As it stands I wouldn't even buy a product from them let alone invest in one of their games in the future. Needless to say, if there are a lot of others like me, this does not bode well for the life of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
decision has already been taken by designers to create new rewards for the new orders and give these news rewards to previous backers.
That seems the most reasonable approach. But I still wonder by which marketing plan miraclethey plan to bring in these few more thousands backers claimed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob mcgee
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in for ~$350, and have completely lost all enthusiasm for this game. At least reading about the latest drama is mildly entertaining now and again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fuchs
United States
wales
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Quick update since no one updated this thread. They've decided to give all of the preorder rewards to Kickstarter backers as well, and those that preorder now only get the preorder rewards. Quite a good solution, imo -- plus those that backed on KS get more stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterCyria wrote:
Quick update since no one updated this thread. They've decided to give all of the preorder rewards to Kickstarter backers as well, and those that preorder now only get the preorder rewards. Quite a good solution, imo -- plus those that backed on KS get more stuff.

How weird , I really thought I actually provided a similar update 2 posts above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.