Subject: Ring protectors / enforcers for ASLRB rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been posted before and if it sounds too trite. I am based in Singapore and my ASL second edition rule book is starting to show wear and tear.

As such I would like to stick ring enforcers around the punched hole area of the paper. Trouble is I cannot find the large hole size protectors required. The ones sold here are all 0.24 inches (or at least those I can find in numerous bookshops and stationery shops)

Are there any ASLers who knows where I can procure these? If not, where can I order it online?

Again, thanks and apologies for this mundane question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use regular sized hole reinforcers, one on each side of the hole, then cover them with a layer of Scotch tape, then punch a hole through the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
destiny_2619 wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted before and if it sounds too trite. I am based in Singapore and my ASL second edition rule book is starting to show wear and tear.

As such I would like to stick ring enforcers around the punched hole area of the paper. Trouble is I cannot find the large hole size protectors required. The ones sold here are all 0.24 inches (or at least those I can find in numerous bookshops and stationery shops)

Are there any ASLers who knows where I can procure these? If not, where can I order it online?

Again, thanks and apologies for this mundane question.

Buy a new set...Oh wait...MMP only made 4...

well ebay!!

JK

Use the plastic sheet protectors....you'll love em... and you can eat while playing and thumbing through your rulebook without worry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Slothrop
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used reinforcement on my 1st edition manual (I use page protectors for my 2nd edition now). I had the Same problem finding large enough reinforcers also. I ended up just using the smaller ones and just forcing the rings through, they loosened up and were ok after a few thumb throughs. If you can afford it though, the page protectors are much much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions. It never occur to me to put the normal ring enforcers and punching hole through it and force fit it into the file. Goes to show my one track mind...

The page protector is a great idea. I need to check as the local stores here mostly carry A4. Yeah... and i can thumb through it while munching chips!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Brinkmann
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hi Chan,

I am also living in Singapore and "Populars" is selling oversized page protector sheets. They are big enough for US Letter size pages.

Hope it helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
US page protectors seem to be available on amazon.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
Scanner + Kindle Fire = No problem. Worked great for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walles
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finachetto wrote:
Scanner + Kindle Fire = No problem. Worked great for me!

Showoff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlad See
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't put any protection on my copy and thats why many of my pages and even the cardstock dividers with all the tables and charts are torn from the binder rings! I did divide chapter E onwards in another binder and I think that helped preserve the other pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
destiny_2619 wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. It never occur to me to put the normal ring enforcers and punching hole through it and force fit it into the file. Goes to show my one track mind...

The page protector is a great idea. I need to check as the local stores here mostly carry A4. Yeah... and i can thumb through it while munching chips!

You might want to see if the A4 ones actually fit - the allegedly A4 ones I use have a fairly loose fit and work fine for the ASL Rulebook pages.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Kong Wargamer
msg tools
badge
http://www.hongkongwargamer.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right! A4 page protectors fit. I am going to go this route (with a separate binder) to protect my rulebook. Anyone have a rough idea as to how many pages there are in the whole rulebook? Thanks~~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.