Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cardinals Plight clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On second encounter cardinal is locked with a monster zombie as initial setup.
The victory for OL is to defeat him.
So is OL legally allowed to attack him with master zombie before heroes unlock the door to rescue him?
Or must wait for heroes to activate him first?!

Thanks in advance!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed, the OL can attack the Cardinal with the Zombie/s before the room is entered by the heroes.

There are also a few Cardinal related queries answered here you may be interested in.

And one more, in the FAQ...
Quest Guide, page 9, “The Cardinal’s Plight,” Special Rules: “When a
hero ends his turn adjacent to Cardinal Koth,” should be changed to
“When a hero first opens the door to the Library,”
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is Cardinal who cannot be activated until "rescue", not zombies.
There can be more zombies in the library with cardinal (not only master) and each zombie can attack each turn. Ii is all written in a Quest Book.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the heroes are able to heal the Cardinal by using the altar even before he's rescued. But it's a race for the heroes to get to him and save him before zombies eat his brains (and the time they have is directly impacted by how many zombies the OL got off the map in the first encounter).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethala wrote:
Note that the heroes are able to heal the Cardinal by using the altar even before he's rescued. But it's a race for the heroes to get to him and save him before zombies eat his brains (and the time they have is directly impacted by how many zombies the OL got off the map in the first encounter).

Which seems to be around infinite if heroes managed to stop all zombies from leaving, and almost impossible if all zombies left.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Areinu wrote:
Sethala wrote:
Note that the heroes are able to heal the Cardinal by using the altar even before he's rescued. But it's a race for the heroes to get to him and save him before zombies eat his brains (and the time they have is directly impacted by how many zombies the OL got off the map in the first encounter).

Which seems to be around infinite if heroes managed to stop all zombies from leaving, and almost impossible if all zombies left.


With some very lucky healing rolls at the altar, we were able to win the quest after letting two zombies escape in E1...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
emproc1346 wrote:
With some very lucky healing rolls at the altar, we were able to win the quest after letting two zombies escape in E1...


Makes me want to quote Dr. Hibbert and say:

"Diagnosis, bad OL!"

Being limited to IIRC one use of the Altar per turn, that's some horrific rolling by the OL not to be able smack Koth down even with only two minions and a master zombie.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.