Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or do most of the session reports appear to be from people's first play or two of a game? I suppose this makes sense, as people are interested and enamored with a game early, and want to discuss their first experience, and once they've played the game for a while there seems to be no reason to post about it.

However, I for one would like to hear more detailed session reports from experienced players for games I'm interested in. I've found myself skipping the "First play of X" session reports more often than not because once I've tried a game out, I'm interested in what more experienced players have to say about it. By that time I've likely read some first play accounts, and I've likely developed my own first impressions as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think session reports and reviews from first plays are important and useful, I just wish there were more of the second step. What I'm looking for are like strategy articals, but specific to a particular play of a game. I'd like to read about how someone, for example, went about developing a Chicago-Western Link strategy in a game of Railroad Tycoon, how it worked, and what his opponents did in the meantime. This would help me determine if such a strategy is something I think I could make work, or how to defeat it if I see an opponent trying it out.

- Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.