Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

City of Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can characters use their special ability more than once in a single turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marco chum
msg tools
For example: I want to use the housewife to kill four zombies (she is in the church). So I flip her over to kill 2 zombies. Can I refresh her by dropping a card at the church to use her special power to kill the other 2 zombies?

And can i also drop another card during the next turn to refresh her again?

help would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance

-chum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco chum
msg tools
another question... Can the priest stop character special abilities as well or only limited to character movements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Caffrey
Ireland
Meath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer to both questions is no. You can only use the area ability once each turn, even if you have more than one character there. The priest can only cancel movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zinnboni
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
I disagree with the previous post (perhaps he didn't catch your phrasing 'during the next turn'). It looks well within the rules to use her power, drop a card to refresh and re-use the power for 4 kills vs the zombies if she is in the church locale. And there is no reason why she couldn't refresh again next turn when resolving the church location with another discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Tulos
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that right that you can only use the area ability once no matter how many people you have present? I haven't been playing that way as I don't recall seeing it in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue 80
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is that right that you can only use the area ability once no matter how many people you have present? I haven't been playing that way as I don't recall seeing it in the rules.

Page 4 of the rules, under "A Activation"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Tulos
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it is.
So is the only reason to have more than one character in a location is purely for voting purposes really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue 80
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, pretty much. Although also for other pack uses (such as zombie killing) as some character's abilities are relevant only to their location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.