Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Bridges
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The final multi-player game for our game night was Bohnanza, a bean growing game. While it seems like it would be a stupid game because of the odd theme, it turned out to be quite fun. Unfortunately, we played one key rule wrong that had a great affect on the game. For those who played, the correct rule is that the two cards flipped during Phase 2 must be planted by somebody. If nobody wants the flipped up cards, the active player must plant them, meaning bean fields will likely be harvested much sooner than we experienced. We played that if nobody wanted the cards, they were discarded. This rule makes the strategy much different and changes the trading aspect of the game greatly.

Four Bohnanza-newbie players: Al, Bruce, Jennifer and Ron

Regardless of the rules being followed, this game was fun (at least for me) because of the trading aspects. Hearing people scream, “I’ll give you two Wax Beans for your Stink Bean!” was very amusing. It was clear that this was Al’s game as he harvested a few high valued bean fields (12 coffee beans). When we prematurely ended the game (after only one time through the deck instead of three times) due to the late hour, Al had 15 gold coins, Ron with 12, Jennifer with 10 and I had a measly 9 gold coins.

I think people got into this game and it’s relatively active, so we’ll probably start off next week with this game to get everybody’s energy up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.