Subject: Let's Make a Baby! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for the beautiful offspring of Seasons coupling with Lords of Waterdeep.

I'm looking for high production values in terms of the aesthetics first and foremost. CCG-like card abilities a la Seasons would be a huge bonus, and worker placement a la Lords of Waterdeep yet another huge bonus. Resource management would be nice as well.

The reason I specifically chose Seasons and Lords of Waterdeep is because they are both easy-to-learn yet fun-to-play. Keeping rule-explanation down to a minimum is crucial as I'd much prefer spending our time playing than explaining.

Any games fit the bill?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imtylerdurden wrote:
So what kind of children will these two games make?

Over-privileged brats that are as like to die from a drug overdose aged 23 as to do anything meaningful and worthwhile with their lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamille
Germany
Berlin
F/hain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably more like that Lords of Waterdeep is the child of someone else. Maybe D&D and Stoneage have born together LOW. Who knows? ....

regrds hessi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If it were dice and resource management I would go with Macao, but that was not your criteria so forget I mentioned it. Oh what the hell I'll mention it any way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
imtylerdurden wrote:
So what kind of children will these two games make?

Over-privileged brats that are as like to die from a drug overdose aged 23 as to do anything meaningful and worthwhile with their lives.

That's hilarious...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, I'm thinking Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar because of the production values, the worker placement element, and the fact that it is unique. I'm less inclined because of the learning curve.

On the other hand, there's also Tokaido which again looks great and has that worker placement element, but this may be too simple. I wouldn't want to dip down below Lords of Waterdeep in terms of complexity.

I was also thinking about Takenoko, but none of these games provide the card-driven gameplay that I love about Seasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently working on a deck building, worker placement, area control, set collection type game. Give me three to five years to design and playtest it properly and I'll send you a review copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think of anything that uses dice and cards in this same manner as Seasons but with the intricacies of a light worker placement. Troyes is a favorite of mine that may come close though. Maybe look at Castles of Burgundy as well, it's dice management isn't much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninjato is a perfect fit.

Interesting worker placement thumbsup
CCG-like card play thumbsup
Resource management thumbsup
Beautiful artwork and great theme thumbsup

Watch this video:

Dice Tower Review: Ninjato

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Age + Ninjas?

I will definitely look into this one. Thanks for the recommendation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Cole
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Age Ninjas sounds like an expansion faction for Smash Up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.