Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've seen all the files posted by the awesome Todd on the BGGFile bit.

I want a nice quality looking game and wondered what the most cost effective way of doing it. Phoning up my local printers and asking for a 40 page "color dissertation treatment (i.e. color printed & ring bound) 2 40 page things clocked in at around £50.

Anyone else get it printed properly without spending an arm and a leg? Any idea how I can make nice looking tiles with just a kodak color printer?

PnP is an area which interests me greatly but its all a bit daunting if you have literally no idea where to start!

(Also posted in the barbarian prince forum as I want both and dont know which is more populous)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the images were sized to take advantage of photo printing. you should be able to put the files on a flash drive and take them to your local equivalent walgreens, ritz camera etc... and have them printed as photos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
the images were sized to take advantage of photo printing. you should be able to put the files on a flash drive and take them to your local equivalent walgreens, ritz camera etc... and have them printed as photos

Photo printing is probably the most cost effective means to print out such color dense materials. You'd kill a printer cartridge doing it at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the redesign of this game was in part an experiment to use the potentially cheaper photo printing process as a PnP tool.

the end result also gets you glossy images on a thicker stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just need to find a shop that prints onto peel-off self-adhesive photo paper/card. That would be great for mounting onto thick heavy duty card. Firm counters and tiles, I'm thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rogers
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You could try printing off the materials (or having the materials printed off rather) onto full-sheet label paper, then mounting them on matteboard (similarly to the token creation procedure here. The procedure is meant for tokens but I've successfully used it to make custom Catan hexes, so you could use it and wind up with a very nice set in the process.

Full-sheet labels are available at most office supply stores; matteboard you can find at Hobby Lobby or any other art supply store - they also have ink fixative as a rule and suitable cutting tools. The tooling up cost may be a bit prohibitive; definitely worth it if you plan on doing more than one project, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't print the gamebooks! Just print the materials needed to play. Keep the gamebooks as PDF and refer to them on your computer. You can easily search for paragraph numbers this way, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.