Popular Tags: [View All]
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug, Fransisca, Ageeth, Ann

Our first gaming session of this year, was sadly only 'The Great Dalmuti'. We make it a little competition, and we play 10 rounds.

These were our scores (3 points - great dalmuti, 2 points - small, 1 point - small servant, 0 points - great servant)

Doug Frans Ageeth Ann

1 0 2 3
0 1 3 2
0 1 2 3
2 1 0 3
2 0 1 3
3 0 1 2
2 1 0 3
3 1 2 0
1 3 0 2
2 1 0 3

So the end: Doug 16, Frans 9, Ageeth 11, Ann 24

Do I have a strategy? Yes.

I try to
1. Get rid of cards that are of no use early, and keeping low pairs for later in the game. In the beginning it's OK to just follow along.
2. If I don't have the lowest card, I try to get rid of the low and single cards, by playing a single card (that might even be the jester).
3. Don't use my jesters too soon, they might come in handy, and even if they are your last card, as long as you're the one playing it, it's not a problem.
4. You should not get stuck with one card if you're not going to be the first to play again.
5. I don't start with 5 12's in a round. I start a little bit lower, so that I can play my high cards later in the game, when there is no-one left to go above them.
6. If I know someone has low cards, and the round is getting to the end, I will not hesitate and play my 1, as long as it keeps him from loosing any more cards. Near the end, it's always better to be the one who can play the first cards on the table.

I don't know if it's a good strategy, but it seems to work for now. (I hope my SO won't read this).

Ann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.